Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > The Lounge
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 07-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Atlanta
State: GA
Other Interests: Anything to do with outdoors
Roof Inspector????

Hi all! Recently someone posted on ARC that they do roof inspections. The NIGHT OF the hail storm that came through our area we had water damage to the ceiling in our house. An inspector from the insurance agency just came out and says there are no signs of hail or storm damage to the roof. That does not explain why there are three seperate areas on my ceiling that developed water damage on one night of a hail storm. If that person reads this, please PM me.

Old 07-25-2011, 4:19 PM   #2
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Tyrone
We ended up in a fight with our insurance agency to get a roof replaced that had hail damage. Our entire neighborhood got their's replaced, but it still took 3 inspections before they agreed to replace ours. Don't give up!

Old 07-25-2011, 5:55 PM   #3

City: Acworth
Other Interests: My cars
Seth the Wineguy would be one of them, go PM him.

Old 07-25-2011, 6:08 PM   #4
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Flowery Branch
Other Interests: Family,Photography, Art, Notre Dame, History, "Fava Beans and a big Amarone"!
tagging

Old 07-25-2011, 8:57 PM   #5
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

Other Interests: Anything to do with outdoors
This sounds very similar to what is going on in our neighborhood. Had a couple houses in our neighborhood get hail damage inspections and one of the inspectors on another house told the home owner that they should notify other homeowners to get their roofs checked out since they had significant damage. I WILL be asking for another inspection. Thanks for the advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
We ended up in a fight with our insurance agency to get a roof replaced that had hail damage. Our entire neighborhood got their's replaced, but it still took 3 inspections before they agreed to replace ours. Don't give up!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #6

I'm in need of a roof inspection also....not primary residence....I'll PM Seth the wine guy.

Old 07-26-2011, 6:58 PM   #7
ARC BoD

ARC Member

City: Cumming
Other Interests: Wine, food, skiing, fly fishing, deep sea fishing, Alaska
It's not always a clear cut thing- Hail damage. Different insurance companies have different criteria for what they consider enough damage for replacement. Stay away from Liberty Mutual, State Farm, and Travelers. Dump your current insurance company after the second inspection and get a good one. Cincinnati, Amica, Central Mutual, Auto Owners, and USAA are incredible.
A big factor can also be if you had representation while the adjuster was out. I think it's akin to going to court. Even if you're not guilty, you would want a lawyer right? Same goes for this. Find a roofer that is ALSO a salesman. Let's face it, if the roof damage is marginal and could go either way, it's awfully nice to have someone on your roof advocating/selling for you. You don't want just any jerk though. If you like the roofer, chances are, so will the adjuster.
Oh, and a word of advice. People think it helps to be super nice to the adjuster. I recommend the exact opposite. If they think you will raise hell over their decision because you're a Jack *** they might just want to make sure they nip the problem in the butt and approve the claim before supervisors are getting involved. An adjuster wants just one thing. A happy/quiet homeowner.

I only handle insurance claims for the most part and this is my experience. I doubt there's any adjusters on ARC that I could have offended with my commentary because they are never home long enough to take care of one. If someone represents one of the "bad" insurance companies I listed... Sorry, you work for lousy companies.