Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Trading & Selling > Drygoods & Livestock
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Please review the forum rules before posting in the For Sale forums. Specifically:
  • You must be an ARC Member to post new threads in this forum. You do not need to be an ARC Member to reply to other people's threads.
  • No commercial sales
  • No illegal activities
  • You must set an asking price
  • No comments in sales
  • Please limit to weekly bumping
  • Threads are set to automatically close after two weeks of no activity.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #1

City: Warner Robins
State: GA
MRC MR-8 Protein Skimmer, pump, and waste collector

Every once and awhile I post this... plan to sell, then change my mind with intentions of using it. I've decided to sell now as I'm clearing out everything I'm not currently using. Plus my tanks don't need this... at all... This skimmer is MASSIVE.

I believe it's actually an MR-8.

Also includes pump and waste collector. Pump works great despite not looking great.

It leaks on one of the pipes. Has a small crack that has been repaired multiple times. I called MRC about getting it fixed but ended up ordering the wrong part. Which was $75...

I've since been in contact with Raj at My Reef Creations but after getting the dimensions he asked for, he hasn't contacted me back. It's possible this item could be repaired... or MRC is Atlanta based, which may benefit some of you guys.

These parts are included.

I'd like $325 for all of it. I could also possibly deliver as I'm hoping to buy a tank from Chris and Fish Scales. I could deliver when I pick up the tank if needed. I'm located in Warner Robins, so a bit south of you all.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #2

City: Cochran
good golly what kinda plans did you have again?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

City: Atlanta
What pipe is cracked? Can you post a picture of the damage? How tall is it? What is it suppose to be rated at? Gallon wise.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #4

Smallblock: At one time I had a 300 gallon and had planned to use a 180 as a sump plus plans to tie it into another smaller system. I have a basement fish room, so size obviously wasn't a concern.

Slo-STI: The pipe that is cracked is in the first and second pictures. Notice the silicone and epoxy around it. I used it for around 6 months on my 180 with no issues. Sold the 180 and 300, decided I mess around with it on my 75 (far too big for that btw) and it started having a small leak from it. I had wrapped a towel around it and used it for a little longer before planning to pull it down completely and repair it. I already had an octopus skimmer running also. Well... a year later I had still not made the repair so I recently started contacting MRC regarding it.

The fourth picture gives an idea of the height. I think that's an 8 foot ceiling, I'm guessing 7-7.5' tall. Of course a riser could be removed if that were an issue. Gallons wise I believe it was rated at 1200-1500.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #5

Deposit placed. Pending final sale.

Closed Thread