Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > ARC Sponsors > Inactive Sponsors > Fish Forum
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

City: Atlanta
State: GA
Other Interests: Cycling, Triathlons, DIY renovations, chickens, cats/dogs/birds/reptiles/ok...pets, general geekery
info?

Is this a store? there is no helpful information on the info thread.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Cumming
Other Interests: One Grandson & Five Granddaughters
We are not a store... but a group of people interested in the health and wellbeing and keeping of saltwater fish. We exchange ideas and help each other learn. Check out the home page.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #3

Other Interests: Cycling, Triathlons, DIY renovations, chickens, cats/dogs/birds/reptiles/ok...pets, general geekery
what home page?

there is only a physical address and a phone number.

a description of what it is in the "sponsor information" sticky would be extremely helpful to people who are new here.
I have just spent 2 hours going through every sponsor here to try and figure out if any stores are near me. every single one of them (except marietta) i have no idea where it is, so i have to google map it and then find it is 40 miles OTP.

this one just says "fish forum". that could mean a lot of things.
info is:

Sponsor Information
Address:
1353 Brockett Rd.
Clarkston, GA 30021

(770) 934-6400
Last edited by haninja; 01-04-2008 at 2:16 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
ARC BoD

ARC Member

City: Scottdale
Other Interests: SCUBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by elFloyd View Post
We are not a store... but a group of people interested in the health and wellbeing and keeping of saltwater fish. We exchange ideas and help each other learn. Check out the home page.

I don't think Larry realized that you posted this in the forum for a sponsor store called "Fish Forum".

To answer your question, the Fish Forum (store) has been listed as a sponsor for the past few years. The last I heard the store was still in business. They have never been active here on the club's forums as far as posting. If you are interested in visiting them I would suggest calling to see if they are, in fact, still in business.

Welcome to the ARC and happy reefing!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #5

City: Buford
Also you can check out the Sponsor Map to see if any stores are located close to you as you will have the general idea of where they are.
Hope its helpful to you.
Scott..

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Marietta
Other Interests: Photography and Graphic Design
You're in the right place, then!

This is Atlanta Reef Club, a bunch of folks with fish tanks who love helping each other out!

The sponsors are stores that the members frequent, and there are stores all over the place (as well as folks buying and selling stuff, too). What part of town are you in?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Cumming
Other Interests: One Grandson & Five Granddaughters
Ahh... Stacy... you are correct! My bad.

Old 01-28-2011, 9:23 AM   #8

Yes, I was talking about the sponsor "Fish Forum". The information needs to include a description of what it is. :-)
(sorry I wasn't more specific. should have mentioned "sponsor" in my post. i posted in the sponsor forum. i am figuring out how this forum thing works. (the forum as in website. haha.))

I am in downtown Atlanta. Grant Park. The black hole of the fish keeping universe. Everything is so far away.
I work in Marietta. I generally mass-transit to work, one car family. I have weekends to drive out.

Uh, wow, sponsor map. I didn't find it until you said that. And had spent about 2 hours trying to look up the locations of all the sponsors to find out where they are. (I have no clue where most of these towns are.) A lot of the information on the sponsor threads could be more thorough.
When I first moved here, most of these didn't show up on my google maps search of the area. some are new. Some are far away and I didn't look that far.

Thanks so much for helping me figure this out. Forums foreign to me. A strange feeling, I am very computer literate, just never did forums.

Moved from Birmingham.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
ARC BoD

ARC Member

City: Scottdale
Other Interests: SCUBA
I would suggest taking a weekend "fieldtrip" and visit a number of sponsor stores. It's a bit ironic that the Atlanta Reef Club doesn't really have any "Atlanta" sponsors. All ours are out in the suburbs.

I agree that our website sponsor info could benefit from some updating. Perhaps that is something the club could address in the near future.

Just keeping on poking around our website. It will get easier and more comfortable as you go. This is a great group of people and, in my opinion, a great place to be.

Perhaps you can make it to the February meeting. It is the largest meeting of the year and includes a coral fragging demonstration with give-away samples. Meetings are a great way to meet club members and you do NOT have to be a paid ARC member to attend.

Meeting announcements are always placed on the main page of the forums.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #10

Yes, a weekend field trip is in order!!
The February meeting sounds like a great idea.

thanks so much!