Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Reef Discussion
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 03-15-2005, 4:30 PM   #1

New member an new to the area

Howdy.

Well just a new face around here and decided I'd introduse myself. Me and my wife are natives of Louisiana, we moved up here so she could be closer to some members of her family. I've been into aquariums for over 20 years, and reefkeeping for about 5.

I've had tanks from Nanos to my present 65 gallon, from NO lights and no skimmers to VHO and MH lit DSB/berlin of my current tank.

I've unfortunatly endured with out my tank for the last ~6 month with our move and buying a house. It had to be torn down with all the live rock and stock stored in a smaller tank in my parents house.

We have now bought our house, and I got the old tank out of storage and I am now in the process of setting it back up. It will be bigger an better than before, but then again, how many times do us reef keepers go down in size when we upgrade.

But in my limited travels around Dahlonega, I've noticed something, or I should say haven't noticed anything. Any fish stores.

Can anybody recomend a good LHS around these parts? I saw several of the sponsors are around the Atlanta area, but a 1 1/2 hour drive one way for some reef buffer is a bit much.

Thanks in advance

Hank

Old 03-16-2005, 6:00 AM   #2

City: Marietta
State: GA
Other Interests: bee keeping, scuba, bike riding..oh and of course my family
Welcome to Atlanta and the Atlanta Reef Club web site. I do not know any stores in your area but if you make a trip to the
Atlanta area we have many. It would be worth your drive...trust me. Check out our sponsor stores on the web site. We would love to have you become an ARC member too!
Sally

Old 03-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Canton
Welcome Hank!

Hi Hank!

I do not know much about the Dahlonega area, but about a mile west of GA400 off of the GA400 Windward Parkway (Exit 10?) exit is an excellent marine fish store and they're an Atlanta Reef Club sponsor: Aquarium Showcase.

Here's a map to Aquarium Showcase: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...004&country=us

I'm delighted you found us!

Bob

Old 03-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #4

City: Avondale Estates
Hank,
What part ofLA you from? I'm also from there. Houma originally, Lafayette (4 yrs), and N.O. (3 yrs).

BR

Old 03-21-2005, 6:54 PM   #5

Thanks guys. Sorry about the late response, I just got the internet working at our new house. I really appreciate the warm welcome.

Life student, thanks for the store location. I'll have to try them out. My wifes doctor is on GA400 exit 14, sounds like a good excuse to go if you ask me.

Silk Dude, I'm from Denham Springs, my wife was born in Slidel, was in Donaldsonville ~8 yrs, and was in Denham Springs for the rest.

Again I appreciate the welcome, and hopefully when I get to know the areas better, I can see some of the stores in ATL soon.

Hope ya'll dont mind the cross posting, but if anybody has a drillable 55 for sale, please email me. Gator809@alltel.net

Thanks again

Hank