Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > Reef Discussion
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 06-05-2008, 5:23 PM   #1

City: Marietta
State: GA
Other Interests: NE Patriots, Georgia Tech, SCUBA, PS3, Pugs, Nascar, Crown Royal, and herpetology
System Plumbing

Greetings All,
I've been itching to go up to a bigger tank, but I've been kind of leary due to my lack of knowledge regarding plumbing a new reef tank. I've had my aquapod for awhile and I understand all the basics of reefkeeping but I'm looking for good books and articles regarding system plumbing which would hopefully get my courage up to go ahead and get a larger system. If you guys know of any good books or articles on the net regarding system plumbing, let me know on or off the forum so I can make a better decision.
Thanks in Advance,
H

Old 06-05-2008, 6:05 PM   #2
Atlanta Reef Club Member
ARC Member

City: Roswell
Other Interests: Snow Skiing, Scuba, Photography
Send a message via ICQ to mojo Send a message via AIM to mojo Send a message via MSN to mojo
What type of plumbing direction are you specifically looking for? Learning how to connect PVC, or the best way to run the plumbing for a tank? The latter is more of an art than a science - there's a few basic rules (water runs down...), and the rest if pretty much whatever works best for your unique situation.

Old 06-06-2008, 9:22 AM   #3

City: Marietta
Other Interests: NE Patriots, Georgia Tech, SCUBA, PS3, Pugs, Nascar, Crown Royal, and herpetology
I know how to connect PVC, and rules of plumbing PVC, I'm looking for system diagrams, and plans, etc. For instance, a diagram for how to connect pump, skimmer, sump, sterilizer, etc. How to regulate flow rates? I'd assume with ball valves...Basically I just have a lot of questions regarding system plumbing and a lot time available for reading and research. I would find a few different system diagrams particularly helpful.

Thanks again,
Harry