Go Back   Home > Atlanta Reef Club Forums > New Member Q&A
Register / Join the ARC Community Chat Gallery MemberMap Forums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visit all of our sponsors

Old 05-01-2017, 3:59 PM   #1

City: Marietta
State: GA
Setting up my old 75 gallon

Hi

I have been out of the hobby for about 7 years since I moved to Marietta. I'm setting up my 75 gallon tank that I had setup from 07 to 2011. I saved my tank because I knew I would set it up again as I missed it. The tank is going in a finished basement which is in the sixtys (degrees) in the winter and in the summer I have the ac on at 70 to keep humidity down. Do you see a problem with this ( maybe with the lights or something) as I always kept my tank on the main floor. I noticed a lot of new things in the hobby. Here are some questions

I need some live rock. Thinking of getting either Marco Rick or bulk reef supply. What do guys think?

Lights: I'm thinking of getting leds. Looking at the kessila a360? Don't know if I should go with wide or narrow? Thinking wide in case I upgrade tanks. Or is something similar priced you recommend

Slimmer. I have an old asm g1x which worked great but it's been sitting around for seven years. If it doesn't work I'd like to spend around 350 for a slimmer. What do u like? I was looking at reef octopus.

Salt. I always used reef crystals and loved it. Recommendations?

Thanks
Mike

Old 05-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #2

City: Atlanta
State: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfin77 View Post
Hi

I have been out of the hobby for about 7 years since I moved to Marietta. I'm setting up my 75 gallon tank that I had setup from 07 to 2011. I saved my tank because I knew I would set it up again as I missed it. The tank is going in a finished basement which is in the sixtys (degrees) in the winter and in the summer I have the ac on at 70 to keep humidity down. Do you see a problem with this ( maybe with the lights or something) as I always kept my tank on the main floor. I noticed a lot of new things in the hobby. Here are some questions

I need some live rock. Thinking of getting either Marco Rick or bulk reef supply. What do guys think?

Lights: I'm thinking of getting leds. Looking at the kessila a360? Don't know if I should go with wide or narrow? Thinking wide in case I upgrade tanks. Or is something similar priced you recommend

Slimmer. I have an old asm g1x which worked great but it's been sitting around for seven years. If it doesn't work I'd like to spend around 350 for a slimmer. What do u like? I was looking at reef octopus.

Salt. I always used reef crystals and loved it. Recommendations?

Thanks
Mike
I would go with the Slimmer for this one.