View Full Version : ok check this out

chadvwhite
07-27-2006, 7:41 AM
My daughter who is a huge fish fan tells me that she wants to be a Marine Biologist or a Vet.. Good thing she is only 9 that gives me i little while longer to save for her college.. Looks like the best school to become a Vet is UGA. I am not sure of the college that she would need to go to for Marine Biology

My son who is 11 wants to be a Rally Race car driver. He is a straight A student on the math team, reading team, one of the highest scores on placement scores for 6th grade. I told him the only way he could be a race car driver is to get a Mechanical Engineering degree. SPT(Southern Poly Tech) or UGA are his current choices of schools.

I told them both they can be what ever they want to be and I would support them.

Appaloosa1224
07-27-2006, 6:17 PM
Right now the only school in GA that offers Marine Biology as a major is Savannah state, but that could change a lot within the next few years, especially with the GA aquarium and UGA wanting to work on that. UGA does have a marine biology certificate program but you do have to be invivted into after your 2nd year. I think I may try to do that. They have plenty of time to decide though!

tsciarini
07-27-2006, 9:14 PM
UNC Chapel Hill has an amazing Marine Bio program...

wildemon
07-28-2006, 4:34 PM
I think your son should be responsible for waxing the family car and learn to change the oil too. A rally driver has to repair his car and change tyres for himself until he can make it back to the paddock. Also get Colin McRae for X-Box with a steering wheel [soon to be released as "Dirt"].

Your daughter of course should be attending all ARC meetings and volunteering at the GA Aquarium. Maybe even learn to appreciate Sushi.

Obviously as a parent it is your child and I may not actually know what would be best!