View Full Version : ReefKeeper2 Group Buy until Aug 8

mojo
07-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I've talked to DigitalAquatics, the makers of ReefKeeper and ReefKeeper2, and have arranged for a group buy for the ReefKeeper2. I personally think these are great little devices, and are worth every penny when you start comparing them to timers, controllers, etc. Read more about it on this page (http://www.digitalaquatics.com/reefkeeper2.html).

Because this is a group buy and not a powerbuy, there are several guidelines that we will need to meet, namely:

Minimum 5 units
Must be ordered all together
Must be paid with one checkWe can order and pay as a club, so that everybody that wants in can pay the club PayPal account or by check to the ARC. I've added a button below for the PayPal signup; I've had to add the 2.9% + $.30 we get charged by PayPal to cover their fees. The club itself won't make any money.

The normal price per unit is $270+shipping. The price for the group buy is $250 and free shipping. This comes to $258.00 via PayPal or $250 via check.

If you want one, we must have your cash in place before the 8th (August meeting date). If you don't have the cash in, we cannot "cover" you until we receive money, as we may be stuck holding several units. If we don't receive the minimum 5 units, we will refund everyone's money who participated.

I tried to get this going before the last meeting (lighting), but couldn't quite get it approved fast enough by DigitalAquatics.

These really are great units and I personally highly endorse them!

mojo
07-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Click the button below to send money to ARC. By doing so, your name will automatically be added to the list of people participating in the groupbuy. If we don't reach the minimum number of 5, we'll refund everyone's money.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/images/paypalBuyButton.gif (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=treasurer@atlantareefclub.org&item_name=ReefKeeper2+Group+Buy&amount=258.00&no_shipping=1&return=http%3A//www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=936&currency_code=USD)

If you don't want to use PayPal, you can make a check out for $250.00 to the AtlantaReefClub and mail it to us or bring it to us at the next meeting.

jdpierce21
07-21-2006, 2:35 PM
Wow Chris this is a GREAT deal!!! I was just about to order mine. So I'll take one. Can I mail you a check?

mojo
07-21-2006, 4:11 PM
Sure thing. I'm trying to track down what address our treasurer wants me to give out. I think I may be going in as well on this one (I just have the original one)

tsciarini
07-21-2006, 6:56 PM
Very cool!!! I would definately have been in but I've already got one!

jdpierce21
07-21-2006, 7:05 PM
Tony,
How do you like your ReefKeeper? They looked really cool and I am going to get it, but I couldn't find any real world reviews on them.

Thanks,
Joe

tsciarini
07-21-2006, 8:06 PM
I love it! I was a little skeptical at first but after I started putting devices on it, I can't believe I didnt buy one earlier! I bought it to go on a new 120 Ive been working on but wanted to play around with it so I added it to my 30... now I dont want to take it off.

When you think about the ammount of space timers/powerstrips and everything takes up... these things really are nice. Plus the benefit of having a single display/controller.

So yeah... I really like mine. lol

CGill311
07-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm in. Where do I send a check? Gotta save that 8 bux!

jdpierce21
07-22-2006, 1:51 AM
Nice. Thanks for the feedback Tony. Well, since we have a good deal on them then you should just buy another one. :) What about the pH control. Do you have that option?

mojo
07-24-2006, 9:24 AM
I think Sharon (our treasurer) is out of town. I'll PM both of you guys my address and I'll deposit them myself - I have access to the ARC account.

F22Mech
07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Can I add a PH probe with the Reefkeeper II and just add the $47.00 to my price?

mojo
07-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Can I add a PH probe with the Reefkeeper II and just add the $47.00 to my price?

I'd prefer not to make it too complicated with people getting different things. pH probes are all standard, so you can order them from any LFS or mail order place...

jdpierce21
07-31-2006, 5:37 PM
Did we get enough for the power buy? When do you plan on ordering them and when should we receive them? Are they going to be shipped to you Chris and then we pick them up from your or shipped directly to us?

mojo
07-31-2006, 9:24 PM
The power buy is going on through Aug 8, so we may get more people signing up. Right now, I have two confirmed checks. I know of one other person that I think is going to get one, and I might, so we only need one more to make it all happen.

I'll be including a message about this when I do the monthly email on the 1st, so hopefully we'll get a few more then.

jdpierce21
08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Sounds good. Thanks Chris!

delaneymohr
08-01-2006, 1:14 PM
Chris,
I want to participate but, the paypal link takes me to login page where when I log in I only go to my account page. Can you check the link or just provide me with the parameters to send the Bling..

As in- Catagory of purchase and comments/special notes?

Thanks
Delaney.

CGill311
08-02-2006, 7:04 PM
Chris,

I was just wondering how many people are in on the deal? Are we going to have enough?

~Chris2

mojo
08-02-2006, 8:30 PM
Chris,
I want to participate but, the paypal link takes me to login page where when I log in I only go to my account page. Can you check the link or just provide me with the parameters to send the Bling..

As in- Catagory of purchase and comments/special notes?

Thanks
Delaney.

Weird- I tested it and it works, but now it doesn't. In either case, just send the $258 to treasurer@atlantareefclub.org and put a note on the paypal note for "ReefKeeper 2 Group Buy", and I'll take care of the rest!

mojo
08-02-2006, 8:31 PM
Chris,

I was just wondering how many people are in on the deal? Are we going to have enough?

~Chris2

Most likely - I have two checks now, expecting one more, and two more people have expressed direct interest, so we should be good. The doors are open until the Aug 8 meeting.

Kevin
08-03-2006, 7:47 AM
Chris,
Do I mail the check to you or the treasurer?

mojo
08-03-2006, 9:24 AM
Sharon, our treasurer, has been out of pocket the past week or so, and she'll be out of town for all of next week, so I'm handling the deposits and stuff (the pres and treasurer both have access to the club accounts).

I'll PM you my address.

mojo
08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
We've got 4 checks so far - anyone else interested?

Edit- make that 4 checks and one paypal transfer, so it looks like the groupbuy will happen. We're still open for more, though!

Kevin
08-07-2006, 1:23 PM
Great! Can't wait for it to arrive

mojo
08-20-2006, 7:32 PM
Just an update. The package is being shipped (http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&Requester=NES&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&loc=en_US&tracknum=1Z7938AY0391275951) and should be at my house on Tuesday. If I get it in time, I'll bring the shipment with me to the ARC Board meeting at Steve's house that night.

If you're interested in picking up the package that night, but don't want to join in the board meeting, you can still drop by (the board meeting is open to all). Just PM me for info.

Kevin
08-21-2006, 7:50 AM
Thanks Chris for the update