View Full Version : Saved a Ferret

tnyga
09-29-2007, 6:49 PM
My daughter bought a gorgeous ferret..Young, about 6 months. Shes playful and gets along with the yorkies, great dane and bengal cat. No visible concerns, no ear mites, just a joy.

Comes with a 3 level cage also...We will keep her as long as we have to, we have had them for years so its not a big deal, although I reallly dont need anymore pets.

I told my daughter Id pay her for her if I find a home for frags or dry goods. I really dont want another animal and Im trying to tell my youngest we are not the permanent home...sigh lol

blind1993
09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
so are you trying to give the ferret away or something?
or is it just a story.

tnyga
09-30-2007, 8:53 AM
Comes with a 3 level cage also...We will keep her as long as we have to, we have had them for years so its not a big deal, although I reallly dont need anymore pets.

I told my daughter Id pay her for her if I find a home for frags or dry goods. I really dont want another animal and Im trying to tell my youngest we are not the permanent home...sigh lol

Im sorry if you dont understand Blind...

Linda Lee
09-30-2007, 9:44 AM
I told my daughter Id pay her for her if I find a home for frags or dry goods.

what frags and dry goods are you trying to find a home for?

tnyga
09-30-2007, 9:50 AM
(kicks Linda) for fuel on the fire :)

RaisingTwo2006
09-30-2007, 10:07 AM
LOL!!

I was told that there would be NO FERRETS allowed in my house.. " they are stinky.."
Plus, Dennis said if I brought home another animal, he was gonna have the internet turned off :(

Good luck though!

tnyga
09-30-2007, 10:15 AM
LOL I understand...I feel the same way...they do have their own unique odor. You can get them deodorized, for lack of a better word...they descent them basically but still have that certain smell to them.

I just dont need another animal :)

Linda Lee
09-30-2007, 7:19 PM
We had three of these little guys and they were great 'til the kids lost interest and *Mom* ended up being the caretaker. When we finally decided they just had to go, we couldn't find a ferret rescue within the state of Georgia that was not full. *Georgia Ferrets* had a 3-month waiting list and we would have had to pay $50 per ferret for that group to take them.

I finally found someone on craigslist who did ferret rescue on her own and got me in touch with someone who took all three. I had to drive them to their new home in Winder, Georgia.

I might be able to find that contact info if you need it.

tnyga
09-30-2007, 7:52 PM
Awwwwwww I am an animal lover by far..hate to think any type is not or will not be taken care of...