View Full Version : Selling 90G Reef Ready & 29 Refugium

GatorDrew
09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
I recently moved up to Atlanta at the end of July. Since then, I've not been able to find any time to truly care for the tank. Additionally, I'm now living by myself so expenses are drastically higher. In the end, I've come to the decision that I simply won't be able to properly take care of the tank if I were to get fish.

The tank is flourishing though. Coraline algae is growing everywhere (even on previously "dead" rock). Little critters are swimming around... and the mushrooms, ricodia, and stars (I forget their name). As for the cleanup crew... two emeralds, one sally foot, one brittle star, peppermint shrimp... and numerous types of snails.

The 90G:

has ~170+ pounds of live rock. I don't have any hard corals.
Has a Koralia #2 and #3
Surge 7500 (1070 gph @ 52" 975 gph)
Sealife Systems Skimmer that runs off a Rio 1700
250W stealth heater
2-65 watt 10,000K Daylight & 2-65 watt 03 Blue Actinic Compact Fluorescent Lamps, 2 built in ballasts, 2 cooling fans (Daylight bulbs just replaced)
Proclear 125 Wetdry
A mantis shrimp lives in this tank. I haven't noticed any dead snails and, surprisingly, my shrimp is still alive. I have a mantis shrimp trap, but simply haven't had time getting him out. However, I do know where he "lives" (which rock, I guess)The 29G:

Some rocks
Multiple types of macro algae
Runs off of two clamp on lights
I never really had time to get this to be a "complete" refugium
However, it's fed by a MJ 1200 from the 90G. The tubing runs from the MJ to the top of the refugium. It the drains from the bottom.I got a ton of different chemicals. PH, Ammonia/chlorine detox, calcium, etc. Will take pictures. I've used DT's Phytoplankton, which is why I believe the tank does so well. Up to you if you want to continue. I've also used tap water (removing the chlorine) which has always worked for the life of the tank. There are three digital thermometers. Test kits for calcium, phosphates, ph, ammonia, nitrates, nitrites. Also have a Coralife powercenter. Got some Oceanic salt (enough for another water change or two).

Stand/Canopy: both tanks come with a nice cherry stand. The 90G has a canopy. I do not have the glass tops.

Other: Overall, the tank is about two years old.

Price: I am aiming for ~$1,200 OBO.

Pictures: Will be posted on 9/27

Please PM me if you're seriously interested. If you're interested in seeing it in person, I'm sure we could schedule something.

Zanski
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Parting out?

GatorDrew
09-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Parting out?

I would be willing to as long as it doesn't impact the tank condition too much. So, for example... I would be willing to sell some LR, lights, refugium "set", etc. I wouldn't want to part the wet/dry for example...

I admit though that I'd probably wait a week or so before I start parting out.

PM me with what you're interested in and we'll go from there.

blind1993
09-27-2007, 8:04 AM
how much is just the fuge and how much per a pound of live rock.

glxtrix
09-27-2007, 8:13 AM
if the price is right, Id be interested in the 90g glass only.

GatorDrew
09-28-2007, 9:04 AM
Here are pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gatordrew/sets/72157602192989651/

Also - I've been thinking about this... For people on this forum I'd be willing to part with this tank for $950.

GatorDrew
09-30-2007, 5:27 PM
Anyone?

I haven't received any offers for the complete setup... so any respectable offer may indeed be the "best offer."

GatorDrew
10-12-2007, 8:22 AM
Alrighty.... would anyone be interested in the whole setup for $800?