View Full Version : nostalgia gamers...

Bassett22
09-22-2007, 11:08 AM
anyone have an old super nintendo laying around? or original nintendo games. come one people dig out the back of your closets!

Nano_Reefer92
09-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh i have(had:mad2: ) a broken one it is at my aunts house i got some good games for it but i do not know if they still work:thumbs:

Dakota9
09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
We have like 2 NES systems, with 1 supernentendo. The controllers were easier for my to operate when he was little, and I got to teach him the old games I was good at. We have a plethera of games for NES, just a few for the Super....

theplatypus
09-22-2007, 11:58 AM
If you look all of the NES roms can be found.

Dakota9
09-22-2007, 12:13 PM
The ROMs aren't the same though. On original NES I can defeat Dr. Willey in MegaMan 2 in about 45 minutes start to finish. The ROM version is much harder, to say nothing of the difference in the remote configuration being different than you become acustom to from playing the original.

blind1993
09-22-2007, 12:20 PM
i have a nintendo 64 if you might be looking for that.

tnyga
09-22-2007, 1:19 PM
I just downloaded Galaga, a couple of the zeldas and some older stuff on my Wii the other night...

blind1993
09-22-2007, 1:21 PM
I just downloaded Galaga, a couple of the zeldas and some older stuff on my Wii the other night...
nice

do you know how to make your wii run with out the sensor bar? if you dont ill list it right now

unplug it and get 2 candles place 1 on each side of the tv and whala you got it.

Bassett22
09-23-2007, 1:23 AM
Oh i have(had:mad2: ) a broken one it is at my aunts house i got some good games for it but i do not know if they still work:thumbs: are you interested in getting rid of the games? do you know what you have?

We have like 2 NES systems, with 1 supernentendo. The controllers were easier for my to operate when he was little, and I got to teach him the old games I was good at. We have a plethera of games for NES, just a few for the Super....
do you have any interest in parting with them? i agree with ya, something about the old systems just keep it "real" lol. i have a atari 2600 with a ton of games, nes, genesis, 64, dreamcast. i keep them all, its always cool to break out the old nintendo and play through a few of your fav's, but im always on the look out for certain games (i really want to find kid icarus) and many people dont know you can get a new 24 pin connector to fix those things to run like new.

Bleedingthought
09-23-2007, 2:16 AM
Hey, I would be in for getting SNES games also! I'd love to have an NES, which I don't at the moment, and its games also.

Bleedingthought
09-23-2007, 2:17 AM
nice

do you know how to make your wii run with out the sensor bar? if you dont ill list it right now

unplug it and get 2 candles place 1 on each side of the tv and whala you got it.
Why would you need to run the Wii without a sensor bar?

Xyzpdq0121
09-24-2007, 1:37 AM
I still have my old Atari systems (1200 and 2400) in the garage. I think one of them needs to be repaired but I have never found anyone that could repair one! I still want to take it over to Jins and play River Raid on his 83" TV!!!!

Dakota9
09-24-2007, 9:11 AM
I've got a NES I'll sell, and one I'll give away. The free one doesn't work to well, but can be repaired.

Bleedingthought
09-24-2007, 2:18 PM
I've got a NES I'll sell, and one I'll give away. The free one doesn't work to well, but can be repaired.
I'll take the free one. :) But how much will you sell the other for?

LorenK
09-24-2007, 2:49 PM
I'm all about the MAME. I'm thinking it would be fun to build a cabinet.

JetChris
09-24-2007, 3:58 PM
andy, i have the orginal sega , are you intersted in that ?

Bassett22
09-24-2007, 4:33 PM
andy, i have the orginal sega , are you intersted in that ?hmmm.... what kinda games do you have with it?

JetChris
09-24-2007, 6:40 PM
i dont remember, i am gonna finish cleaning the garage this weekend ill let you know

Nano_Reefer92
09-24-2007, 6:45 PM
Hey i will check and get back to you on the games and if you need controlers well i could give you them but first let me check.

Melissa
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
anybody see the preview for The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Looks hilarious. Here's the site to check out for a preview: http://www.billyvssteve.com/

Andy, my brother has a bunch of original NES games, but the system is gone. I can ask him if he still wants them.

Bassett22
09-26-2007, 5:34 PM
anybody see the preview for The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Looks hilarious. Here's the site to check out for a preview: http://www.billyvssteve.com/

Andy, my brother has a bunch of original NES games, but the system is gone. I can ask him if he still wants them.

please do!! that would be great, that movie looks pretty cool too, i still remember "wizard" when it came out. cool movie.

George
09-26-2007, 6:04 PM
I'm all about the MAME. I'm thinking it would be fun to build a cabinet.
They have this beautiful nostalgia trip (http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/3569) back to my coin-operated wasted youth at Costco right now for $2000. I've been going by to play Tempest and Defender at lunchtime.

However when I thought about buying it, I realized that a MAME console would be just as good, if not better for its ease of repair. The biggest hurdles I see are:

1. Stickers (decent outside artwork is a MUST)
2. Monitor size. Those inside monitors, though low res, were pretty large. Larger than 20". I guess a TV is in order.
3. Resolution. Most MAME emulations run at native resolution. Even at VGA resolution, old arcade games take up about a 1/4 of the screen and I've never seen a Windows driver that would allow you to pop into 320x200 output. Might need to code a special driver to put the system in the needed resolutions.

Bassett22
09-27-2007, 12:36 AM
that looks awesome george! i would play streetfighter II till my fingers bleed, i spent many a quarter at wal-mart when my mom would go shopping.

Sprayin70
10-03-2007, 2:34 AM
Well everyone I am now a proud owner of a classic NES. I ran errands for Dakota9 today for like 3 hours. LOL. The NES was my reward! He gave me 2 one working and one not, my choice of 3 games, 2 controllers, and the laser gun. They had been in storage for some time and looked as such. I tested them out when I got home to find one somewhat working "old school style Bang Bang" and the other dead. So I looked at a link the Lee sent me on modding the NES. So I then took apart the NES all the way down to the 72 pin socket. I pulled it out and spend 45 min bending tiny pins "with a safety pin" and cleaning off terminals. I finally put it back together after a good scrubbing and now it works every time "No bang bang" It only took me 3 hours including cleaning to get it like new.

So now if anyone has any old NES games or accessories they don't want please let me know.

Thanks Dakota!

Here are a few pics of the repair and cleaning. The NES pic is after the refurbishing.

Bassett22
10-04-2007, 11:38 PM
aw man, i wish you would have said something sooner, i could have told you about the folded paper trick. lol...

but there are many sites that you can get a new 72 pin on, pop it right in, no prob

Dakota9
10-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, that thing looks ebay worthy now! Glad you like it! Sorry to turn you into a courrier on Tuesday, but I was so pressed for time I needed to be 3 places at once. Make sure you save the old one as "spare parts" for back up.

Enjoy

tnyga
10-05-2007, 7:55 AM
I was looking for something for my daughter last night and found a tote with the original Nintendo, Super Nintendo and the original ps1 with about 30-40 games in it...I guess my 16 year old saved it when we moved.. lol

Sprayin70
10-09-2007, 3:56 PM
Wow, that thing looks ebay worthy now!
Enjoy

Thanks man! I love it and now I am looking for more NES stuff. WOW another hobby. That's all I need. LOL

tnyga
10-09-2007, 3:58 PM
Ill check for you Sprayin...Up to my son though :)

Sprayin70
10-09-2007, 4:04 PM
LOL. Thanks!!!

Cameron
10-09-2007, 6:22 PM
They have this beautiful nostalgia trip (http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/3569) back to my coin-operated wasted youth at Costco right now for $2000. I've been going by to play Tempest and Defender at lunchtime.

However when I thought about buying it, I realized that a MAME console would be just as good, if not better for its ease of repair. The biggest hurdles I see are:

1. Stickers (decent outside artwork is a MUST)
2. Monitor size. Those inside monitors, though low res, were pretty large. Larger than 20". I guess a TV is in order.
3. Resolution. Most MAME emulations run at native resolution. Even at VGA resolution, old arcade games take up about a 1/4 of the screen and I've never seen a Windows driver that would allow you to pop into 320x200 output. Might need to code a special driver to put the system in the needed resolutions.

1. Stickers are easy. http://www.mamemarquees.com/

2. Wells Gardner is the way to go. I have a 25" if someone wants to buy it off me. It uses a VGA connector but is a real arcade monitor. You can also buy a new one or get a TV. The trick to the TV is you have to find one that turns on to the same settings it turned off from. Otherwise every time your cabinet is turned on it will start on channel 2 rather than Input 1.

3. Ultimarc. http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html Works with Wells Gardner monitors like a champ. I have one of these for sale as well if someone wants to build their own.

4. Collecting the ROMs. PM me... I will hook you up. Currently a full Mame collection is about 92gb.

5. Controls. The undisputed champ is the Slik Stik http://www.slikstik.com/index.asp. I have a HotRod SE if someone wants to buy that off me as well.

6. Cabinet. SlikStik has some nice cabinets, but bang for the buck would be
http://www.mameroom.com/products.asp You can buy plans or a prefabbed pretty cheap.

7. Finish the cabinet off a Happ Controls so you can do the coin door, bezel, etc.

8. A good set of software. Maximus Arcade front end is my vote as it will allow you to interface with dozens of emulators including NES, SNES, NES64, Sega, Mame, Commodore Daphne, etc. http://www.maximusarcade.com/.