View Full Version : In need of yet another camera

jeep9783
09-04-2007, 3:37 PM
Ok so i own an kodak easyshare 7.1mp can't get it to take a pic work crap no color no nothing ok i am looking for a camera that takes very nice pics of tanks corals fish with great color and user friendly but for the least amount of cash. Everyones pics looks like 50x better than mine and i am tired of it please help out with prices and type.

Chris

mapleredta
09-04-2007, 3:40 PM
sony cybershot?

Dakota9
09-04-2007, 4:55 PM
I've got a Fugi I'll give you if you can fix my light. Takes decent pics and user friendly to the points its idiot proof. (thats why I chose it in the first place)

Dakota9
09-04-2007, 4:56 PM
Oh, and I just aimed and clicked the Fugi for the pic in my avatar......

Big D
09-09-2007, 7:59 PM
Chris... check out Andy's post again. In the last post he has a link to the camera he's using, you might be surprised.

Link (http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6454)<<<--

Try to get in touch with him to see if you can get some tips on settings and maybe talk him into helping you make a top down box.

David

blind1993
09-09-2007, 8:12 PM
my sister has a exilim and it takes some decent pictures for the price. if you want to check it out your more than welcome to just pm me. and when i get some pics of my royal gramma you can see them on the thread and see how good they are.

photokid
09-09-2007, 9:56 PM
go here and read up on cameras www.dpreview.com

ouling
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I got an HP 6.1MPX new in a box for $40.

Bassett22
09-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Chris... check out Andy's post again. In the last post he has a link to the camera he's using, you might be surprised.

Link (http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6454)<<<--

Try to get in touch with him to see if you can get some tips on settings and maybe talk him into helping you make a top down box.

David

thanks dave, took the words right outta my mouth, that is the same camera my buddy has, and thats what i take all the shots of my tank with. i could easily give you some tips, if you every wanna swing out to newnan, i can show ya. really simple once you get it, but first thing, get a tripod! if you wanna know anything, give me a pm or something.

jeep9783
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Ok now i am mad what are your settings that u use or how ever you took them pics

etoh_is_good
09-10-2007, 1:07 AM
pics are kinda easy once you know some tricks. 1) figure out how to set the white balance on the camera. 2) use the timer with a tripod set up. 3) don't zoom too much. 4) use high value f-stop (i usually use one step from highest setting). playing around with manual settings will get the pictures the way you want the coral to look.

Seachicken
09-10-2007, 7:47 AM
I'm using Nikon 995. It's older, you can still get em pretty cheap on EBay.

purpleGORILLA
09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
I recently just bought this camera for my trip to Hawaii. Its main purpose was for me to snorkle and take some amature pictures of the corals. Over all, I am happy with it.

1. With 2 gig memory card, I can snap all day long without even worry about running out of memory.
2. Water proof up to 10feet.
3. Has movies capability.

I bought it for 120 (had it overnight since I had to leave). But only after I've gotten it, I found another place cheaper for 70 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830187013

Of course, this is not a high end Camera..However for the price, it comes with a plastic case in which allows me to get up close to take picture of the coral with its macro setting. I will try to take a pic of my coral when I get home tonight. In the mean time, I will include a picture I took from Hawaii. Unfortunately, the day I went was kind of cloudy and the place I went was kind of pretty much tored up from tourists snorkling like me..:(

Bassett22
09-10-2007, 3:18 PM
Ok now i am mad what are your settings that u use or how ever you took them pics

get tripod, set back about 6 ft from the tank. DO NOT USE THE FLASH. no matter what it tells you to do. zoom in as close as you can untill it stops focusing, then back up a bit, automatic takes decent pics, to get some better ones, play around with the manual setting, read up and what numbers do what.

Bassett22
09-10-2007, 3:18 PM
oh yea, use the timer, set it for 2 seconds or so. and get your hands off the camera before it snaps. any little movement will mess it up.

JRISER
09-10-2007, 3:28 PM
Im not sure if you are still needing a camera, but I have a Kodak easyshare p880 that im willing to let go. I have only had it about a month or so and this thing is to high tech for me.... Just let me know

purpleGORILLA
09-10-2007, 7:54 PM
Here are some pictures I just took. All I did was stick it next to the coral and click.