View Full Version : Arc discount!!!

MarineDesigns
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
It is becoming more & more of a problem that old members or customers that aren't even members at all and never have been are asking for the ARC discount. The ARC discount is for current ARC members as a benefit of being a member. In order for us to apply the ARC discount we need proof in the form of the ARC card (not expired) or paypal receipt. This measure is to protect current ARC members and the value of the ARC discount. We are fully aware that a lot a cards have not been issued so again please bring in your paypal receipt if you have not been issued a card. Please remember that while we try and remember everyone that is a ARC member we have no way of knowing who is and is not a current member. We strive to make every visit to Marine Designs a pleasant one and this issue seems to be souring that experience. Please help keep the ARC discount elite for members only.

Thanks,
Mike

RealFish
04-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Sorry, not going to carry around a receipt with me at all times and I usually stop in on a whim. My guess is there are a handful of people that still use the discount that are not current members. I would imagine that most people who have let their membership laps are no longer that active in the hobby and don't purchase that much anyway. It would be a shame to lose the business of active members.

BTW, I just bought the TLF lettuce clip. You can see to the left that I am an active member if it makes you feel better.

jmaneyapanda
04-21-2012, 12:43 PM
It is becoming more & more of a problem that old members or customers that aren't even members at all and never have been are asking for the ARC discount. The ARC discount is for current ARC members as a benefit of being a member. In order for us to apply the ARC discount we need proof in the form of the ARC card (not expired) or paypal receipt. This measure is to protect current ARC members and the value of the ARC discount. We are fully aware that a lot a cards have not been issued so again please bring in your paypal receipt if you have not been issued a card. Please remember that while we try and remember everyone that is a ARC member we have no way of knowing who is and is not a current member. We strive to make every visit to Marine Designs a pleasant one and this issue seems to be souring that experience. Please help keep the ARC discount elite for members only.

Thanks,
Mike

Well said! I agree a bajillion percent.

Sorry, not going to carry around a receipt with me at all times and I usually stop in on a whim. My guess is there are a handful of people that still use the discount that are not current members. I would imagine that most people who have let their membership laps are no longer that active in the hobby and don't purchase that much anyway. It would be a shame to lose the business of active members.

BTW, I just bought the TLF lettuce clip. You can see to the left that I am an active member if it makes you feel better.

Unfortunately, this just isnt true. I can tell you a huge number of people will claim to be members who are just register participants on this forum, but NOT paid members. And will readily claim to be a member for the discount. Sadly, it is a privilege abused more than most would think.

jead85
04-21-2012, 2:02 PM
I am perfectly happy to prove my membership. 10% is worth the effort

elFloyd
04-21-2012, 2:20 PM
Always happy to prove membership and I agree with Mike. Membership has it's privileges.

But... ARC needs to be more diligent with sending out membership cards. I renewed in Jan but have yet to receive my card.

rdnelson99
04-21-2012, 2:31 PM
As is always the case, there are two sides of every story. Yes, ARC should get cards to us when we pay our dues but this is done by volunteers who also have lives outside of ARC. Therefore, I would expect some delays. But, in my opinion, while it should be up to the purchaser to prove membership, is it all that difficult for a store to open up the forum, look up a the screen name and look for the icon? If you are not paid up, you don't have the icon. Yes, I know it can be a pain when you are busy but in my job, it is in my best interest to make life as easy as possible for my customer. I believe general contractors don't higher electrical contractors, they hire problem solvers. Electrical is a problem for them so if I solve that problem, they want me back. Same goes in retail in my estimation.

Thanh386
04-21-2012, 2:32 PM
My ex paypal, so she has the receipt. Wallet got stolen so someone has my arc card lol. Thank god we have outlet machine to print cards. Time to pm Stacy

jmaneyapanda
04-21-2012, 2:42 PM
As is always the case, there are two sides of every story. Yes, ARC should get cards to us when we pay our dues but this is done by volunteers who also have lives outside of ARC. Therefore, I would expect some delays. But, in my opinion, while it should be up to the purchaser to prove membership, is it all that difficult for a store to open up the forum, look up a the screen name and look for the icon? If you are not paid up, you don't have the icon. Yes, I know it can be a pain when you are busy but in my job, it is in my best interest to make life as easy as possible for my customer. I believe general contractors don't higher electrical contractors, they hire problem solvers. Electrical is a problem for them so if I solve that problem, they want me back. Same goes in retail in my estimation.

Heres a scenario- I have no idea who YOU are. Can someone else come in the store, say they are rdnelson99, and get your discount? Yes. Very easily. And I know because someone tried it, unknowing that I was familiar with the username they tried to use. I wish some people weren't as devious and deceptive as they are, but they are indeed.

The club is taking steps to remedy the card situation ASAP, so I don't see the huge problem is asking for some assistance in offering the discount.

Thanh386
04-21-2012, 2:48 PM
I guess it's to be the resident arc trouble maker. Everyone knows you muhaha I win!!!!

Crobattt
04-21-2012, 2:59 PM
if you sign into your account on their computer you could prove it, and it would only take 30 seconds if they kept the window open.

SuperClown
04-21-2012, 3:05 PM
I've simply logged into my account tapatalk and never had a problem getting my discount that way

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

JeF4y
04-21-2012, 3:08 PM
if you sign into your account on their computer you could prove it, and it would only take 30 seconds if they kept the window open.

IMHO it's absurd to ask a business to allow or provide this service.

I was just checking to see if there was any account distinction shown in Tapatalk that I could quickly show a vendor but sadly there isn't. I could probably bring up a full browser page on my phone to prove it if necessary.

I don't have an ARC card anymore. I'm sure I received it, but I just don't carry it around. I don't carry any of them around. I use an app called KeyRing which holds all my discount cards but I never scanned the ARC one in, and don't know if it's barcode oriented. Hell, maybe even just a picture of it would prove it.

Dunno. I haven't ever been turned away asking for my arc discount and saying who I am on the forums, but I tend to shop at the same few locations that know me by now.

If I was ever denied my discount because I didn't have the card, I would not have ANY issue with it, and would continue my purchase and not hold it against the LFS. It's MY responsibility, not theirs.

SuperClown
04-21-2012, 3:14 PM
There is a spot in tapatalk when ur at the main Paige of forums you hit the menu button on your phone then you press more on top right side and press profile and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and it will say arc member I just did this 2 seconds ago to confirm.

However I agree while I appreciate the discount and use it as often as possible I shop the stores frequently enough that I get good pricing so it doesn't matter too much to me

JeF4y
04-21-2012, 3:24 PM
There is a spot in tapatalk when ur at the main Paige of forums you hit the menu button on your phone then you press more on top right side and press profile and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and it will say arc member I just did this 2 seconds ago to confirm.

Crazy... Yours says "ARC Reef Club Member". Mine does not.:huh:

Just checked via a web browser and my CP says I'm an active member through 07-09-2012. Crazy...

gmpolan
04-21-2012, 3:31 PM
Always happy to prove membership and I agree with Mike. Membership has it's privileges.

But... ARC needs to be more diligent with sending out membership cards. I renewed in Jan but have yet to receive my card.

Agreed as ive been a member a while but due to my card being expired, i get denied the discount.

bruce 1
04-21-2012, 3:43 PM
agreed as ive been a member a while but due to my card being expired, i get denied the discount.

x2

beccaf91
04-21-2012, 3:53 PM
we just started our 2nd year of membership and never had a card for the first year. How would I go about getting a card?

SuperClown
04-21-2012, 3:54 PM
Crazy... Yours says "ARC Reef Club Member". Mine does not.:huh:

Just checked via a web browser and my CP says I'm an active member through 07-09-2012. Crazy...

that's odd mine has always shown that here is a screenshot of my phone I just took http://img.tapatalk.com/a6f86ea1-1e8a-740a.jpg

Thanh386
04-21-2012, 4:17 PM
we just started our 2nd year of membership and never had a card for the first year. How would I go about getting a card?

We have a card maker now. Contact stacy and she should be able to get you one

beccaf91
04-21-2012, 4:19 PM
Will do thanx

rdnelson99
04-21-2012, 4:40 PM
Heres a scenario- I have no idea who YOU are. Can someone else come in the store, say they are rdnelson99, and get your discount? Yes. Very easily. And I know because someone tried it, unknowing that I was familiar with the username they tried to use. I wish some people weren't as devious and deceptive as they are, but they are indeed.

The club is taking steps to remedy the card situation ASAP, so I don't see the huge problem is asking for some assistance in offering the discount.

You are absolutely correct. Can't argue a bit. BUT, your store is one of them that did exactly that for me. Went the extra nine yards and therefore, I do come back. I am not saying you should or shouldn't. I am saying that because you did, I have a little extra loyalty too you.

There will always be people who take advantage of a situation. It becomes a matter of weighing how often that happens. After filling up with gas on the way to the airport today, my wife and I saw a man in his early 60s sitting on the corner with a sign saying he was trying to raise money to get to Florida and see his desperately ill daughter. My first instinct, he is lying and he will take all the money to buy alcohol. But, my heart won out and the $20 I gave him will not cause my family to starve. If I was down on my luck, and my daughter might not be around much longer, I would move mountains and do anything I could to get there. So maybe I am a sucker and this guy took advantage of me. In the long run, trusting that MOST people are good pays off for me. As always, JMHO.

SuperClown
04-21-2012, 5:15 PM
Fwiw anyone can ssy they are this person or that person how many people are going to have a printed PayPal receipt or pull up someone else's arc account on the phone and log in unless people are stealing login passwords.

SleepyReef
04-21-2012, 7:16 PM
I still have my ARC membership receipt on my phone. Will that suffice? Honestly, if I know I can get a discount but I don't have a card then I won't make a purchase.

Crewdawg1981
04-21-2012, 7:38 PM
Yeah I need to PM her as well... Renewed in Aug.

mysterybox
04-21-2012, 8:02 PM
I am not "speaking for' any lfs, however, I would "imagine" if you had your paypal account receipt on your phone or a photo of your receipt on paypal on your phone, that would surfice....I do have all that, however, I also printed a copy and put it in my glovebox...

but...being that butt that I am, I usually don't have any issue being under or overcharged with a dscount...lol

MarineDesigns
04-21-2012, 8:18 PM
Yep...receipt on phone works for us.

mysterybox
04-21-2012, 8:23 PM

Ok folks, well how simple is that? Jeeze!

Tony_Caliente
04-21-2012, 8:29 PM
All of the sponsors either believed me or looked me up on ARC and assumed that I was telling them the truth. One would have to know my password, but even that could get hacked. If any of them didn't honor it because I failed to present a receipt or unexpired card, I would understand. I don't think it's the sponsor job to look things up. For what it's worth, I offered to help the ARC volunteers to distribute the cards and my help was politely declined. Will we be able to pick them up from the meetings?

Thanks to all of the ARC volunteers and gracious sponsors.

demifelix
04-21-2012, 8:32 PM
Just a thought, can ARC send out digital membership card that you can save on your phone? That would solve all these problems.

Thanh386
04-21-2012, 8:37 PM
Digital membership can be made and edited really easy.

SuperClown
04-21-2012, 8:45 PM

Plus not everyone has a smartphone

Ripped Tide
04-21-2012, 9:05 PM
Stacy gives out cards at the meetings...

mysterybox
04-21-2012, 9:35 PM

That is just one more option folks! If u don't have a smartphone, print your receipt and put it in glove box, simple. It's not their fault that we don't have cards...

demifelix
04-21-2012, 11:16 PM

If someone really wants to abuse this priviledge then nothing will stop this person. Like people say, a lock is for keeping unintentional people off your property, but it will not stop a professional intruder. I thought we are talking about ways to make it easier for members to prove membership to LFS.

Likewise, fake paypal receipt can be made easily as well. Again, this is only a suggestion.

LegalReefer
04-22-2012, 3:07 AM
IMO, people should want and pay from their membership to keep ARC alive so we can have this wonderful forum for info, products, the for sale section, etc. We shouldn't be joing just for sponsors' discounts. I never ask for my discount at our sponsors bc I want to support them. I want for them to be around for a long long time. Just my .02

BTW, you are a sorry individual to use someone else's discount... If it is that big of a deal, just buy the membership..... It pays off over the year.

Ripped Tide
04-22-2012, 7:32 AM
I don't think the problem is lying with the people who join the arc for the discount.

This problem is people who aren't members and say that they are. I see it all the time. People will say that they are a member, and that they don't have an updated card. I'll ask their name and look them up later, only to find that they are just a user or don't exist at all.

And when I ask for a card from these people THEY get offended!!! "I never needed a card before!"

Until recently, the arc had to outsource the membership cards. The club now owns a card reader. I got my card at the march meeting.

I've seen people drive across the state to see different fish stores, but when it comes to going to one lousy meeting to pick up a membership card, it becomes impossible to drive 30mins.

I know we all have a family and a life, and sometimes making meetings can be challenging. But this is for the guy who complains about not having a card, yet sits at home and watches tv instead of coming to the meeting to get it.

grouper therapy
04-22-2012, 7:40 AM
While it is a matter of principle for only ARC members to receive the discount how does it impact the LFS from a economical standpoint. The paid membership fee does not go to the LFS so they are not going to recover any of the 10% discount whether the membership is paid or not. If the individual mentions the ARC then it sounds as if the advertisement privileges was productive for them . The LFS can give you a discount if they choose with or without a membership. I understand that the abuse if left unchecked in theory would be detrimental to the clubs operating funds but is that a realistic probability. I'm not sure why the lfs has to monitor this. Why not the club?

bruce 1
04-22-2012, 7:41 AM

So one has to drive 2 hours to a meeting to get a card.

grouper therapy
04-22-2012, 7:42 AM
I don't think the problem is lying with the people who join the arc for the discount.

This problem is people who aren't members and say that they are. I see it all the time. People will say that they are a member, and that they don't have an updated card. I'll ask their name and look them up later, only to find that they are just a user or don't exist at all.

And when I ask for a card from these people THEY get offended!!! "I never needed a card before!"

Until recently, the arc had to outsource the membership cards. The club now owns a card reader. I got my card at the march meeting.

I've seen people drive across the state to see different fish stores, but when it comes to going to one lousy meeting to pick up a membership card, it becomes impossible to drive 30mins.

I know we all have a family and a life, and sometimes making meetings can be challenging. But this is for the guy who complains about not having a card, yet sits at home and watches tv instead of coming to the meeting to get it.

The other viewpoint may be that they didn't have to come to a meeting to pay their dues.

RealFish
04-22-2012, 7:51 AM
So, are cards no longer mailed?

Ripped Tide
04-22-2012, 8:01 AM
So one has to drive 2 hours to a meeting to get a card.

If one drives 2 hrs for cards, one drives 2 hrs for fish stores. You wouldn't call rit and complain that his store is located too far from you, Right? And if you shop with our online sponsors, you don't need a card. Just enter the code, and you are good to go.

I understand what you are saying Bruce, and I am not saying Stacy isn't mailing them. My knowledge peaks out with my own experiance. I know that when I went to a meeting, I received a new card.

Edit: The other viewpoint may be that they didn't have to come to a meeting to pay their dues.

Very true. I guess I am a bit biased.

I drive from auburn to make meetings. Not quite 2 hrs, but usually 1 and some change. I make it to the meeting because I enjoy the meetings. I like the meetings a lot more than I have ever liked the online side of things. I didn't go to the meeting just to get a card, coincidentally, it worked out.

JennM
04-22-2012, 8:24 AM
Cards used to be mailed - I got a couple in the mail before the recent change. (And I don't really "need" a card except maybe for club events).

I'd be happy to volunteer to help with making/mailing cards -surely the Club can spring for postage?

I realize it's a lot for one person (Stacy) to manage, so I'll throw my hat in the ring to help if I can.

Jenn

RealFish
04-22-2012, 8:54 AM
I would imagine that more than one of us has kids. These days, it's the rare night that they don't have something after school. And if it is that rare night they don't have something after school, the last thing I want to do is get in the car and drive an hour plus.

And I don't go out of my way to go to a store. I went to Marine Design and SEA yesterday because my wife wanted something specific from H Mart in Johns Creek (she will though, maybe I can get her to pick up my card). I've been to Rits twice because I had work in the area. I've been to Jen's twice because of massive deals and I think she's a wonderful person.

bruce 1
04-22-2012, 8:55 AM
Well i am not going to drive 2 hours for a meeting. Arc should be more diligent in sending out cards. It looks like you have several offering to help in sending them why not let them help?

nmr2930
04-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Bottom line... We need cards...

To Real fish and your nasty post about Marine Designs .. Really was that necessary... Did you really need that 10% for that lettuce clip... I'm sure it set you back because you didn't get that 10%

This issue has been going on for quite sometime....Please provide cards and we cannot take an attitude with the Sponsors we they request for membership validation...

reefknight
04-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Been lurking in the background on this one and feel the need to put in my $0.02.

First off, I've been to a few of the sponsor stores one being Marine Design and Robin did accept me pulling up my membership on my phone. It's gracious of her to do so as the store was packed and she was alone at the time and she could have been assisting others.

I understand that the club has had issues with the printing of the cards and the logistics of getting them out. That's unfortunate but it has been resolved by the purchase of the new machine and in house printing so to speak. We all understand that the officers, mods and such are all volunteer. Never disrespected one of you for a single moment.

But for all of us that do not live in Atlanta and work jobs or have families and responsibilities that restrict us from attending the meetings, how is it alright not to assist us in obtaining our cards? I've never made it to a meeting and doubt that I will because it interferes with my life. Does that mean that I'm any less of a part of the club? No, it means that I'm geographically challenged and have a supervisor that could care less about my hobby. Does this make me a greedy person because I would like the bonus of a discount when visiting a sponsor store? Make it what you will, I'm offsetting the price of fuel to go to a sponsor store. If I didn't want to offer support there are plenty of online retailers.

The point is, when you join and pay your dues you expect all the priveliages that are associated with it. I read posts continually stating that the discount shouldnt be the sole reason why someone joins...why not? I have never heard of the club turning away dues. The money is taken and put to the clubs use, dont bash the would be member because they would like what they paid for. I will gladly renew my membership this year as it does have its priveliages, but will not attend a meeting to obtain my card. If it can not be mailed to me, then I guess I'll visit the stores that accept some alternate means of proof.

(Mike / Robin - my apologies for hijacking your thread and ranting. In sure I'll be seeing you again for some wonderful fish. Thank you for your assistance and sponsorship of the club.)

nmr2930
04-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Well said !!!! Thank you ...

stacy22
04-22-2012, 6:31 PM
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=760090#post760090

joshl
04-23-2012, 3:56 PM
i dont think marine designs should have to defend there rule by posting this... this should be known if you dont have a card or some proof showing you are a member then theres no discount. i know i am not a member and there are reasons like this that make me not want to be one either. Marine designs is one of the top stores we have in atlanta and they are nice enough to support this club and other clubs by being the sponsor and giving a discount.... so all in all just have your card or some proof showing you are a member...

thanks Marine designs for being a awesome store!

rsg4
04-24-2012, 10:53 AM

tell her to mail mine. renewed in NOV. still nothing.

PFCDeitz
04-24-2012, 8:05 PM

Im thinking you can tell her yourself.

She is a Member and has posted in here

Schwaggs
04-24-2012, 8:28 PM
This seems like a reasonable request to me. How is carrying a folded up copy of your PayPal receipt any more of a hassle than carrying the membership card? You could even cut most of the page away and I bet it is less bulky.

Alternatively, if sponsors would like it, we could ask our volunteer web developer to create a user verification page that is only available to sponsors to look up screen names to see real names that can be cross referenced to a drivers license or some other ID. not sure his is worth the hassle, however.

jmaneyapanda
04-26-2012, 8:53 AM
Heres what I REALLY dont get. Marine Designs has here offered a very reasonable and simple solution to those that haven't got a card. Yet there is STILL so much griping about how someone didn't get their card yet. This has been gone over and over and over and over on why cards were hard to get printed, and how the club has resolved this, and why there is issue in mailing (due to incorrect addresses) and what the steps are to get it remedied, and what to do in the meantime. Why is this still so much problem with it? Seriously, how many people paid cash for their membership, lost the receipt for it, and now have no way of proving they paid for membership? I cant imagine that number being very high. If you are one of these (speculated) few, call the store your planning on visiting and ask how you can prove it. Otherwise, you can go to paypal, and print a receipt. I dont understand the big deal.

Edit: While it is a matter of principle for only ARC members to receive the discount how does it impact the LFS from a economical standpoint. The paid membership fee does not go to the LFS so they are not going to recover any of the 10% discount whether the membership is paid or not. If the individual mentions the ARC then it sounds as if the advertisement privileges was productive for them . The LFS can give you a discount if they choose with or without a membership. I understand that the abuse if left unchecked in theory would be detrimental to the clubs operating funds but is that a realistic probability. I'm not sure why the lfs has to monitor this. Why not the club?
I have to respectfully disagree. You're suggesting that the prices just be dropped at least 10% across the board, regardless of affiliation with the club. That is a rather silly request, no? Sponsor stores don't give discount to club members to regain some fiduciary benefit, aside from the business itself. They give discounts to support the club which supports it.

Am I understanding your point wrong?

Ripped Tide
04-26-2012, 9:05 AM

Lol

I'll pass the message to her secretary.....

Wth?? I get pms about this kind of stuff all the time. Am I listed as a support staff member or something?

Brisco15
04-26-2012, 9:15 AM
You must just put out official tidal waves

Ripped Tide
04-26-2012, 9:26 AM
You must just put out official tidal waves

Official? Lol super fishal!

I just pretend to know what the bod does.

Thanh386
04-26-2012, 9:26 AM

best DEMAND ever!

Ripped Tide
04-26-2012, 9:31 AM
I wish I saved all the pms ive received. One guy was all upset and mad cause he didn't know how to change his user name. He thought I could fix it for him. Though I gained comic relief on these situations, I still don't know the origin.

LiveRock27
04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape because people are unhappy about not getting their discount cards? It is part of the benefits of signing up as a member of this forum and they have every right to express their anger in not receiving all of the benefits promissed.
If you ordered a value meal you would expect to recieve everything in the meal right? No fries and I think you should have the right to complain. If you can't make the fries explain that to me before I pay.

briandg
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape because people are unhappy about not getting their discount cards? It is part of the benefits of signing up as a member of this forum and they have every right to express their anger in not receiving all of the benefits promissed.
If you ordered a value meal you would expect to recieve everything in the meal right? No fries and I think you should have the right to complain. If you can't make the fries explain that to me before I pay.

I understand what you're saying, but to me the difference between your example and the problem people are complaining about here is the person making your meal is a paid employee and the people being complained about here are volunteers, big difference imo.

jmaneyapanda
04-26-2012, 4:57 PM

I would agree....EXCEPT, a resolution has been given. Just provide paypal receipt as proof. And you will have your discount. Thats what I dont get. The discount isnt NOT be allowed. Youre still getting that. Are you not getting "the benefits of signing up as a member" when providing your paypal receipt?

Again, gfor the record, the card situation was a problem BEYOND CONTROL OF THE CLUB. Sure, the buck stops there, but it was dealt with, and is being resolved now. In the meantime, you can still reap EVERY SINGLE BENEFIT of membership, just by following the simple outlined procedure. So, what exactly is the problem? Are you unhappy that you dont have the actual card? Or that you cant have the benefits. Because, as far as can be determined, you still CAN have the benefits.

Using your analogy, its like going to the drive through, and them asking you to pull up and they will bring it out to you. Would you have a fit and say, "I came to the drive through so you could serve me through this window!! If you wont do so, Im being treated unfair, and you should've informed me prior to ordering!!" Of course you dont. You still get your food, you still pay the fee, and just a small, simple concession is made to facilitate the discomfort.

LiveRock27
04-26-2012, 5:03 PM
I would agree....EXCEPT, a resolution has been given. Just provide paypal receipt as proof. And you will have your discount. Thats what I dont get. The discount isnt NOT be allowed. Youre still getting that.

Again, gfor the record, the card situation was a problem BEYOND CONTROL OF THE CLUB. Sure, the buck stops there, but it was dealt with, and is being resolved now. In the meantime, you can still reap EVERY SINGLE BENEFIT of membership, just by following the simple outlined procedure. So, what exactly is the problem? Are you unhappy that you dont have the actual card? Or that you cant have the benefits. Because, as far as can be determined, you still CAN have the benefits.

Using your analogy, its like going to the drive through, and them asking you to pull up and they will bring it out to you. Would you have a fit and say, "I came to the drive through so you could serve me through this window!! If you wont do so, Im being treated unfair, and you should've informed me prior to ordering!!" Of course you dont. You still get your food, you still pay the fee, and just a small, simple concession is made to facilitate the discomfort.

You can look at it like you want to, but in the end the card was promised and I don't see why those without cards shouldn't expect them. Right?

Ripped Tide
04-26-2012, 5:19 PM
We can do away with cards, do away with discounts, do away with sponsors, and do away with the club.

Everyone can go back to reef central and r2r. Would that make y'all happy?

After all, it's much easier to keep a card in your wallet than a PayPal receipt. Folded pieces of paper take up WAY too much space.

Now that I got my sarcastic remarks out of the way:

Why discriminate, when you can participate. Ask Stacy how YOU can help. I'm sure she could use the help. This IS a community, which means that we are suppose to work together.

Amici
04-26-2012, 5:46 PM
You can look at it like you want to, but in the end the card was promised and I don't see why those without cards shouldn't expect them. Right?

You should expect them. You also need to be understanding that the club is physically unable to make cards at this time.

Since the club cannot furnish you with one of the two options the ernest then is on you to use the alternative form of verification if you want the discount. I've carried the receipt around more than a few times since I joined this place nearly 6 years ago. You bring a paper coupon to the grocery store for a discount, this is no different.

LiveRock27
04-26-2012, 5:48 PM
If you read my posts they are not complaining about not getting cards they are complaining about the need to jump on people(mostly new to the club) for asking where their cards are. I understand that some do it distastefully and that is uncalled for, but most are just asking about how to get one if they can't attend meetings due to geographic or work reasons.

Sewer Urchin
04-26-2012, 6:48 PM
Why discriminate, when you can participate. Ask Stacy how YOU can help. I'm sure she could use the help. This IS a community, which means that we are suppose to work together.

Amen.