View Full Version : Rock work

Matthew660
04-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Trying to figure out my aquascaping. Any ideas, thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

stacy22
04-12-2012, 7:23 AM
Aquascaping is such a personal preference thing. I think you should do whatever looks good to you. Some things to keep in mind when positioning:
1) Access for glass cleaning.
2) Open swimming space for fish
3) Potential coral placement needs

EnderG60
04-12-2012, 7:27 AM
you need to go buy some different kinds of rocks. thats not bad but its not good either.

Find some flat pieces to make shelves, some branch rock cuz it looks sweet. and see if you can make an archway somewhere.

LiveRock27
04-12-2012, 7:58 AM
I really like the two island look(that is what I have), but are the two structures stable? Kind of looks like the rocks are just stacked on each out.

Also, it looks like you are using dry rock. If so and you have not filled the tank I would suggest drilling the rock for frag plugs. I did this on my tank and it has been great. Haven't had to use a lot of puddy and super glue to place frags.

ShanePike
04-12-2012, 6:39 PM
I like that two island look, too. Very nice.

RedStang
04-12-2012, 8:29 PM
I really like the two island look(that is what I have), but are the two structures stable? Kind of looks like the rocks are just stacked on each out.

Also, it looks like you are using dry rock. If so and you have not filled the tank I would suggest drilling the rock for frag plugs. I did this on my tank and it has been great. Haven't had to use a lot of puddy and super glue to place frags.

Definitely something I'll be doing on the next tank. I've spent so much time trying to temporarily place frags that then get bumped all over the place.