View Full Version : Anybody have any experience with Aquarium Specialty

Edulover
03-02-2012, 1:25 AM
I put in an order with them three days ago and i states that my order is pending. i have trying to contact them to find out the status but I keep getting the answering machine. I sent a message through the website but no response. what to do?

fsu230263
03-02-2012, 4:11 AM
tagging along , I was planning on placing a order TODAY with them also ! and this would be my first time dealing with them , hope everything work out for you

izoid
03-02-2012, 5:54 AM
I have placed 2 orders with them in the last 2 weeks and received my order within 2 days both times. I typically call them first thing in the morning to check availability before ordering to ensure the items are in stock. Like many online shops they do not stock everything on the website, they have many large items drop shipped from the manufacturer.

Try calling at 9:00 am and they should answer.

thanhreef
03-02-2012, 6:02 AM
I bought few things from them in the past. I did not have any problem at all. Their service is the best. Call Scott.

Budsreef
03-02-2012, 6:06 AM
I have made several purchases through them and have been completely satisfied. Once they got my shipment wrong and immediately addressed the issue. Had the correct stuff drop shipped from their supplier so there wasn't any more delay having it go to them first. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

rsg4
03-02-2012, 6:10 AM
I've ordered many times, no issues at all.

The-Bubonic-One
03-02-2012, 6:25 AM
I ordered last Sunday received package on Tuesday

gthockey18
03-02-2012, 7:43 AM
I'm in with most others ordered several times no issues. Scott is the man!

reefknight
03-02-2012, 8:05 AM
I've made several purchases from them and Scott is great to deal with. Being in Columbia, SC most packages arrive a day after I order them. He's a great resource being as close as he is to all of us.

cr500_af
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
If you ordered a Neptune product that showed "in stock", I do believe you are about to experience what I did.

Rskillz
03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
I've had nothing but great results with AS. As izoid said, it's best to confirm the item is at their warehouse if you want super fast shipping. From my experience, if they have it, you get it quick. Usually if I order with them (back when I was a hobbyist) by 3pm est, I get it the next day with standard shipping, which is really nice. Their prices are solid too.

fsu230263
03-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I just called them ! and no full apex system availabe , I dont understand why would you show that you have something & not having it !

Edit: do anyone now who have the full apex system or can you buy them from neptune ?

cr500_af
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I just called them ! and no full apex system availabe , I dont understand why would you show that you have something & not having it !

Edit: do anyone now who have the full apex system or can you buy them from neptune ?

Yes, you can buy from Neptune.

I ordered a Lunar Sim module for my Apex from A.S., and it showed in stock on their site. After it didn't show up in 3 business days, I emailed and (after a couple that said "it's processing") was finally told that it was being drop shipped from Neptune. So, what should have taken two days was going to take 5.

When 5 days rolled around, still nothing. It finally arrived after 10 days, and the packing slip/invoice from Neptune was in the box. I ordered on a Monday morning; the item was "ordered" from Neptune on that Friday.

All this time it showed "in stock".

The only reason I didn't order from my LFS was time... shipping from SC vs shipping from the West coast. I could have had it a week sooner if I had, it turns out.

sts04c
03-02-2012, 3:24 PM
Scott at Aquarium Specialty is awesome!!!! I have had nothing, but great experiences and quick shipping.

JayU
03-02-2012, 3:47 PM
I bought my apex directly from Neptune.

Fidofence
03-02-2012, 4:07 PM
I placed a order and received it very quickly. I also talk to them on the phone and they were very helpful. I highly recommend them

SleepyReef
03-02-2012, 6:00 PM
I emailed before I ordered a light to make sure they had it in stock because I ordered the same light from another company that said "in stock" on their site, but it was not "in stock" and they said I could wait six weeks for it to be "in stock". Well Aquarium Specialty emailed me back and said the light was in stock - got the light within 48 hours regular shipping.

Overall good experience.

Dine
03-02-2012, 7:44 PM
i got my apex through jenn at imagine. she ordered it directly from neptune. it took a few more days then ordering it from another online supplier but she made more money, i paid the same, and got to support a lfs. but i think i know why you ordered from them (lol told you it would work)

RacinRevo0818
03-02-2012, 9:37 PM
Went thru the same thing. Apex is way behind on orders and I'm guessing tax refunds are feeding the problem also. Just be patient I got mine in about 2 weeks. They will just drop ship straight from Neptune.

Edulover
03-02-2012, 9:44 PM
I will try to contact them tomorrow. I don't mind waiting for the item but I just want to have an idea of when to expect it. I can't get through on there phone and they are not responding to email. Does anyone have Scott's direct number?

gnashty
03-03-2012, 1:04 PM
Yes, you can buy from Neptune.

I ordered a Lunar Sim module for my Apex from A.S., and it showed in stock on their site. After it didn't show up in 3 business days, I emailed and (after a couple that said "it's processing") was finally told that it was being drop shipped from Neptune. So, what should have taken two days was going to take 5.

When 5 days rolled around, still nothing. It finally arrived after 10 days, and the packing slip/invoice from Neptune was in the box. I ordered on a Monday morning; the item was "ordered" from Neptune on that Friday.

All this time it showed "in stock".

The only reason I didn't order from my LFS was time... shipping from SC vs shipping from the West coast. I could have had it a week sooner if I had, it turns out.

I had a similar issue but with Digital Aquatics items. Purchased thinking 2 day shipping. 30 days later I received my items. Its best to call first.

cr500_af
03-03-2012, 1:33 PM
I had a similar issue but with Digital Aquatics items. Purchased thinking 2 day shipping. 30 days later I received my items. Its best to call first.

Another option would be to tell the truth about what's in stock and notify customers in advance that it's a drop ship... you know, just off the top of my head.

henryhan1212
03-03-2012, 10:40 PM
you would figure a rep from the company would reply with their reason for not shipping...kind of odd that they dont even have a comment

MvM
03-04-2012, 7:39 AM
you would figure a rep from the company would reply with their reason for not shipping...kind of odd that they dont even have a comment
They have not been on here since the 28th. Nothing but good experiences here.

Edulover
03-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I spoke with them today....they are checking the status with Neptune. If there's a hold up they ship it to directly on Monday. Spoke with Scott...nice guy.

fsu230263
03-07-2012, 12:27 AM
I called neptune 03-02-12 last friday for a full apex unit , and it on the truck as we speak for drop off for today

Edulover
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I spoke with AS today and they are sending it out to me by UPS 1-day shipping...will be delivered tomorrow, minus the pH probes. I won't get them till Thursday at the earliest...I'm not holding my breath.

MvM
03-12-2012, 8:56 PM
What was the hold up? Alway very quick when I've ordered.

Edulover
03-12-2012, 9:44 PM
They said that the apex systems were on back order with Neptune....but one of the other posters said that he called Neptune and got his in a couple of days. So, I don't know.

Edulover
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I spoke with them again today because I didn't get an email with a tracking number that they promised and found out that it didn't get sent out yesterday because of an oversight. They told me they would send it out today (for sure) and gave me a tracking number over the phone. So....hopefully I will get it tomorrow. The pH probes are being shipped directly from Neptune and AS will be sending me the tracking number for those. Hopefully all of this is finally coming to a close...fingers crossed.

This thread is in no way intended to discourage anyone from patronizing AS but it started out as an effort to get more info and became a way for me to vent my frustrations. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

wbeacham
03-13-2012, 3:34 PM
Just ordered and apex today. The main unit shipped today and the ph probe and wxm module will ship direct from neptune in 2 or 3 days. They got there Neptune shipment in yesterday.

Edulover
03-13-2012, 3:46 PM
Just ordered and apex today. The main unit shipped today and the ph probe and wxm module will ship direct from neptune in 2 or 3 days. They got there Neptune shipment in yesterday.

I'm glad things worked out better for you.

Edulover
03-14-2012, 7:52 PM
I finally got my apex unit today.....minus the ph probes of course. I guess this is the end of this thread. It has been fun!

Patrick
03-17-2012, 10:59 PM
But I have ordered a few times from them and got everything pretty quick. My last order was a new reef octopus pump and it had to come from the manufacturer. I initially got a little run around and the young guy there was not the fastest to keep you in the know, but it all got taken care of. They are a good place with good stuff. Just keep trying and you'll get thru. They do sell only the best.

Edulover
03-17-2012, 11:50 PM
They definitely have the best prices.

AquariumSpecialty
04-11-2012, 9:04 AM
Thanks to those that made nice comments about us and our service. I would like to make a few points about some of the comments in this thread.

We try to notify everyone the same business day they place an order if the product is out of stock or if it's shipping direct from the manufacturer. If you don't have an update within 24 hrs, please give us a call or shoot an email to us. We carry over 7000 products and we try to keep the products in stock that have the higest demand. Some products are drop shipped direct from the manufactures but we have a ton of inventory in Columbia and it's growing. We prefer to ship from our location especially since we offer a discount to ARC members, free shipping (qualifying products over $175.00) and a loyalty program to top it off. When we ship from multiple locations it kills profibility becuase we are paying for the shipping costs from each shipping point.

We really care about our customers, our business and our reputation in the industry. We want to be the best at what we do but sometimes we make mistakes. We are not perfect and we never will be.

Neptune is currently 5-6 weeks out on all vendor stock orders. When we place an order with them, the orders take 5-6 weeks to arrive. However, Neptune is drop shipping orders direct to customers/end users within 3-5 business days. They are on the West Coast so expect a 2 week lead time until we can get in our next shipment into stock. We are currently placing orders about every 2 weeks to try and keep up with anticipated demand. It's hard to predict what well sell and how fast it will sell so drop shipping on Neptune is the best bet when stock is low or out unless we can completely fill the Neptune portion of the order. I hope all this makes sense.

This is our paid for forum and we are happy to be apart of the forum but please refrain from making comments about other vendors in a forum that we pay for. We are friends with several of our competitors and we even help each other out from time to time. If you feel the need to praise another vendor then please do so outside our forum. This should just common sense courtesy.

The best way to get our attention is to call or email us. Kelly and I take over 200 emails daily and the phone goes straight to voice mail we the phone is busy. We check voice mail twice daily (during business hours).

Thank you and we truly value your comments and support.

Scott Groseclose