View Full Version : New Member Intro

tightlines
02-27-2012, 2:57 PM
Hi folks,

Just a quick hello. New to the ARC but not to the hobby.

Grew up in South Florida and began with FOWLR as a youngster. Have since been from Miami to Atlanta to Bay Area Cali to North Carolina and now back to the ATL. So, I have seen it all from coast to coast and am primarily into SPS theses days.

Given the restrictions on new members selling in the classifieds section, I would like to get my posts started. Since moving here, I had a fish room carved out that would be just for my tanks, but the wife's old cat has now been assigned this room and she thinks that its too hot for my tanks and fluffy to co-habitate. So, my intended plans have changed. I either got to figure out how to get rid of the cat or find a way to reduce heat. Please keep an eye out in the classifieds for a pair of 400 watt Hamilton Reef Star DE HQI's plus new bulbs (2 per pendant), an EV400 with Mag 18 (plus extra body of EV240 with slight crack) and a Current USA Prime 1/10 chiller in the coming days...assuming I can get 30 posts :)

I am going to go with an all LED system over a 225G 3/4" acrylic BB with 75G mud sump that is currently cycling. Need to get rid of some brand new/slightly used equipment to accommodate the LED's.

Current holding tank in the basement is a 180 All Glass with 100G rubbermaid sump, 48" T-5 setup on one end and on the other, a Hamilton 400watt DE HQI and Super Reef Octopus EXT-2000 skimmer. Probably 50-60 SPS.....lost about 75 colonies in the move :(

I look forward to meeting new friends and sharing experiences.

TIGHTLINES!

rdnelson99
02-27-2012, 3:13 PM
First of all, welcome. :-) We are glad you joined us.

I believe the rules have changed for posting for sale threads. If I am not mistaken it no longer requires a minimum post count but requires a paid membership in order to post a for sale thread. I could be wrong though.

I will say this though, the $30 for membership was the best money I ever spent in this hobby. This is a great club. In addition, paid members get a 10% discount at sponsor LFS. That alone can pay back the membership fee pretty quick. Either way, we are glad you joined us.

Raz0945
02-27-2012, 3:54 PM
Welcome to the ARC, our meeting is the second Tuesday of the month. Hope you attend our frag meeting this last Saturday, it was really great!:D Holley

Islandreef
02-27-2012, 4:35 PM
Welcome to the ARC, you will meet many people here, you just missed the frag meet I heard it was a great time. I couldn't make it. Sorry to hear you lost some of your colonies during the move that isn't good. Welcome again.

tightlines
02-27-2012, 4:36 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I will have to research the post count or paid fee for the classified section. I read the new members rules and it was based on post count but if that has changed, please let me know. I have no issues supporting local efforts and this community.

Today was the first day that I found this community and I wish I had seen it earlier. I would have loved to trade some of my frags and pick up some new goodies this past weekend!

rdnelson99
02-27-2012, 4:37 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I will have to research the post count or paid fee for the classified section. I read the new members rules and it was based on post count but if that has changed, please let me know. I have no issues supporting local efforts and this community.

Today was the first day that I found this community and I wish I had seen it earlier. I would have loved to trade some of my frags and pick up some new goodies this past weekend!

Yup, you missed a good one. I think there were close to 500 people in attendance and tons of frags sold as well as given away. Look forward to seeing you around.

Frantz
02-27-2012, 5:55 PM
Welcome to the club. New people with lots of experience and different ways of making the hobby a success are always welcome! Any pics of your old systems?