View Full Version : Return pump

ibleedblue65
02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm currently running several mags in my sump. I was thinking of going to one large external with a manifold. I've never run an external or a pump this large and was hoping ya'll could help with a recommendation. I would like to run the return on the tank, the fuge, uv, skimmer, and reactors etc. tank is a standard 125. Sump is an acrylic 55 and the fuge is an acrylic 55. Skimmer is an mrc mr2. Thanks for any input guys

Smoothie
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
If everything is right under the tank I would look at the blueline pumps that mrc offers

ibleedblue65
02-09-2012, 11:57 PM
equipment is in a sump room immediately behind the display.

grouper therapy
02-10-2012, 6:41 AM
IMO the skimmer should be on it's on skimmer and the rest of it from your return pump. I'm not familiar with the skimmer pump recommendation but for the return pump I would stick with a circulation not a pressure pump just for efficiency (snapper/dart)

Miami Dolfan
02-10-2012, 2:00 PM
I have a slightly used Reeflo Manta Ray that I bought and then decided that a Hammerhead would be better for my 300. $185.It should be more than enough to run the components you are wanting to run. Let me know if you're interested

rdnelson99
02-10-2012, 2:08 PM
IMO the skimmer should be on it's on skimmer and the rest of it from your return pump. I'm not familiar with the skimmer pump recommendation but for the return pump I would stick with a circulation not a pressure pump just for efficiency (snapper/dart)

Your new avatar looks just like you. Well maybe a bit younger but....... :yes: