View Full Version : liverock

adams8229
10-18-2005, 8:11 PM
Follow up from earlier post I had. It was recommended by Steve to get more rock in my 55g. I now probably ahve too much. I have probably 125-140 lbs of rock in my tank. I purchased from someone breaking down a tank. Now I have only 2 peppermint shrimp and 2 hermits in there. I still seem to have the brown diatom problem, my skimmer really is working overtime (seaclone150). I have had no fish in the past month and a half, the last ones i had died (blue damsels). My ammonia and all other levels are fine, minimal. What is my next steps? Should I try another cheap fish? Also, I have 4X65w PC lights, 10k and atinic, which I run during daylight hours to establish coralline, I am adding calcium and iodide. My shrimp are molting frequently. Since I do not have any fish, I have been doing water changes about every month and a half. Any ideas on what I may need to try next.

Thanks in advance.

SShindell
10-19-2005, 5:14 AM
That is a lot of rock!

You may consider thinning down the rock, stopping the additives right now, and wait until your skimmer slows down before gettiing fish. Coraline does not need light - so I would not worry about that. I would get a cleaner crew to get rid of some of the waste, and then take a water sample into your local fish store and slowly add fish.

Steve