View Full Version : coral epoxy

Chucker901
11-04-2011, 7:02 PM
Has anyone ever used a coral epoxy to glue corals to live rock? If so, what are your opinions on it?

Hnguyen
11-04-2011, 10:20 PM
That's the only way I glue my corals. Make a ball of epoxy ( however much you think you'll need) then add some superglue to one side, attach your coral to it then add superglue to the other side and stick to rock. Done! If later on you need to remove the coral, just pull it off the rock.

JeffMuse
11-04-2011, 10:26 PM
That's the only way I glue my corals. Make a ball of epoxy ( however much you think you'll need) then add some superglue to one side, attach your coral to it then add superglue to the other side and stick to rock. Done! If later on you need to remove the coral, just pull it off the rock.

+ 1 Exactly how I do it! You can pick up epoxy at most Reef Tank stores or at Home Depot or Lowes.

Hnguyen
11-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I like the red reef epoxy. It hardens A LOT faster then the gray ones. A lot of times when your gluing something big, you want it to harden faster so the coral doesn't tip over due to it's own weight, and it looks a lot better then the gray if the epoxy is exposed. Here's a link.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/frag-tools-supplies/glue-epoxy/two-little-fishies-aquastik-red-coralline