View Full Version : anemone not getting light

atlweb
10-24-2011, 9:30 PM
My anemone that wandered into a power head is still alive and fully recovered... except he is now hiding against the back wall and not getting any light. He has been this way for a week. He seems pretty committed to suicide. However... he has fully recovered and looks good... just a little bit lighter due to hiding in the shade.

If he starts to die due to lack of light... will he be smart enough to move? Or should I just go through the trouble of moving him with a powerhead / slowly taking him off manually?

Budsreef
10-25-2011, 11:23 AM
It may not really be fully recovered so I think I would give it a little more time. Will it eat? Can you give it a piece of shrimp? If so just keep feeding it.

atlweb
10-25-2011, 11:41 AM
He has been eating so I think he is doing well. I am just hoping he realizes he needs the light :/

Budsreef
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Since its foot is well anchored and it is eating then I would leave it alone. They can really stretch themselves to get light if they want it, but I don't think they are smart enough to always do what is right for themselves.

When I took down my 120G, I found an RBTA that had split off, was only about the sizs of a dime fully opened and totally white from staying under the rocks. I put it into another tank but kept it shaded for a long time and it finally started coming out more, colored back up and then started growing. Bobz kept it for me for quite a while and now you would never know what it went through in the beginning.

atlweb
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
That makes me feel a bit better. I am hoping a little more time to recuperate and it will be out and about.

I always assumed that since they move out of too much light, they would be smart enough to move into light.. haha but nope!

Thanks for your help, Bud!