View Full Version : Aquaripure Review

fishyed
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a 75 gallon fish only marine tank with live rock only in the sump which has been setup about two years. Currently have eleven fish, two starfish and 6 craps in the tank. My Nitrates have historiclly been high at 40 to 50.
Reading about this Aquaripure and wanted to know if anyone has had the good results that are shown on their website.

izoid
09-12-2011, 1:03 PM
Your nitrates are high because of the 6 craps you took in your tank. First rule of reefing....never crap in your tank!

hud3339
09-12-2011, 1:07 PM
Your nitrates are high because of the 6 craps you took in your tank. First rule of reefing....never crap in your tank!
:lol2::lol2::lol2:I didnt even see that :lol2::lol2::lol2:

PFCDeitz
09-12-2011, 1:07 PM
Lol nice

fishyed
09-14-2011, 9:14 PM
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. As you l can tell my spelling is not 100% correct, but at least excepted some ARC member response to my question on the Aquaripure device. I am surprised as I have read so many helpful and welcoming responses to new member's questions as well as new members to the hobby.

MorganAtlanta
09-14-2011, 9:31 PM
It was a joke. Nothing personal. It was just funny the way the typo worked out.

Sorry I can't help with the Aquaripure question.

Acroholic
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
I have never heard anything bad about the aquariapure device. You dose vodka into it as food. Alternates to it are a sulfur denitrator and you may also want to check out biopellets as another alternative. I think biopellets are for nitrate reduction.

A Google search under "aquariapure" brings up several threads on other Reef Forums as well.

tgray3
09-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Don't take it personal, just friendly joking around.

I haven't used that product but after looking at their site it appears to be a standard Denitrator. I've heard they can be effective but there are some cheaper ways to go about lowering your nitrates. Less feeding, more water changes, lowering your bio load, adding more live rock, better skimmer or you can look at Carbon dosing and Bio Pellets. These are only a few that come to mind. Here's a few links to look at. If you decide to try a denitrator There are some less expensive ones out there.

http://www.aquacave.com/nitrate-reductor-400br-up-to-150-gal-by-aquamedic-426.html

This is good if you want to look at bio pellets:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/catalogsearch/result/?q=bio+pellets&x=43&y=8

Her's a link to a good thread on nitrates with links to info on Carbon dosing and general info.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54109&highlight=nitrates

aquavolgp
09-15-2011, 3:27 AM

This is the hardest i have laughed in any fish forum...ever. awesome. thank you for the laugh.

izoid
09-15-2011, 9:55 AM
I didn't mean to offend you, sorry. I was just joking around.....you gotta admit....it was pretty funny.

fishyed
09-15-2011, 8:28 PM
izoid,
I understand now and yes - I am laughing at myself as my colleagues at work are as well since all being engineers who can not spell...
Thanks for the laugh even if it was on ME !
Thank you for the feedback.