View Full Version : FWE for zoa eating nudibranchs

08-23-2011, 9:35 AM
I have zoa eating nudibranchs. Sucked out 30 yesterday. I have read several articles and posts on other sites about using FWE against them. Most of my zoas are where I can take out just the rock they are on and dip the rock. However, I have some on the main rock that cannot be removed. So I am thinking treating the tank may be best. I know I will have to do at least 2 treatments a couple of weeks apart for newly hatched nudibranchs. Is FWE really reef safe? Has anyone had experience using it? Any gotchas other than following the directions on the package?

08-23-2011, 9:48 AM
Try one of these, I've heard they are the only confirmed killer/eater of nudi's. There is an unofficial group buy going on now by MysteryBox.... Free shipping!

08-23-2011, 3:59 PM
I know that Coral Rx works on zoa eating nudibranchs as a coral dip. However, it should not be used to treat a tank. Your zoas will need to be retreated with Coral Rx several times to break the lifecycle of the zoas since Coral Rx does not destroy their eggs.

Unfortunateley, I don't know enough about FWE to help you regarding adding it to your tank.