View Full Version : fish fighting

Crew
08-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I added a new fish today (japanese swallow angel) and Colonol Mustard (foxface) was not happy. He chased her all over the tank for about 5 minutes before I got tired of it and turned off the lights to try and break up the fight.

I have sinced turned the lights back on and everything seems ok but the angel won't come out of hiding. She doesn't seem to be particularly stressed (I can see her between the rocks) but she won't swim in the water column.. any tips on what I can do?

jesse'sgirl
08-10-2011, 10:03 PM
just give them time. we have 9 tangs in our tank and were all added at different times. they will work it all out

Qasimja
08-10-2011, 10:04 PM
when i added my square anthia the yellow tang chased it for the first hour i just turned off all the lights in the room and on the tank the next morning they were the best of friends now whenever i add any new fish i just turn all the lights off for a while

Edit: also i want that swallow tail! lol

hud3339
08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
My rusty angel and my clowns are fighting also been going in for about a week now.

Edit: My rusty angel and my clowns are fighting also been going in for about a week now.

Crew
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
when i added my square anthia the yellow tang chased it for the first hour i just turned off all the lights in the room and on the tank the next morning they were the best of friends now whenever i add any new fish i just turn all the lights off for a while

Edit: also i want that swallow tail! lol

Marine fish has another female (where I got mine) $70 with ARC discount... they both looked great. They also had a male

Qasimja
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Marine fish has another female (where I got mine) $70 with ARC discount... they both looked great. They also had a male
just when i told myself i wasnt going to spend anymore money for a few weeks the addiction pulls me back in

CarlitosReef
08-11-2011, 12:53 AM
just when i told myself i wasnt going to spend anymore money for a few weeks the addiction pulls me back in
http://youtu.be/242H7F8DKHA :yay: