View Full Version : Alright ARC, its time for us all to do our duty.

SEA Atlanta
06-14-2011, 5:13 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/jmaneyapanda/gmc-d.jpg

A many of you know, ARC participated in a wonderful charity event in donating a sum of money to install a reef aquarium in the lobby of the Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth. Alongside the hospital and Southeast Aquariums, the aquarium was installed and is currently doing very well. However, it is time to make this tank SPECTACULAR!!

One of the things this tank is lacking is in coral life. There are some corals which have been added by SEA, but as a part of the club's crown piece, its time for our members to show their generosity, their pride, and their skill.

We are looking for healthy coral donations to add to this tank, in its wonderful location, to help educate the public on the beauty of coral reefs, ease visitors in this very stressful of situations, and take pride in our club as a whole.

If you are unfamiliar with this tank and it's history, please view it here:
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46396&highlight=hospital

Once again, we are looking for ARC's generosity and pride in coral donations for this tank, which is open for everyone to view, admire, and hopefully garner more interest and insight into reefs and the club.

Ralph ATL
06-14-2011, 5:16 PM
I'm in...give me details.

SEA Atlanta
06-14-2011, 5:23 PM
Send an email to info@seaatlanta.com, stating what coral you have, and when you can drop it off here in Lawrenceville.

Please note, this tank has been protected and quarantined for all its livestock. Please be sure any coral donations do not have any problematic organisms or pests on them.

Ralph ATL
06-14-2011, 5:29 PM
done, no bugs! none! NADA! Zip!

Amici
06-14-2011, 6:45 PM
I'll get a few frags together and shot yall an email. It is one impressive tank!

cr500_af
06-14-2011, 9:53 PM
I'll donate a red milli (large frag/mini colony), a LARGE frag of green birdsnest and a few heads of branching hammer.

McPhock
06-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I work at the hospital. I would be happy to donate labor.

SEA Atlanta
06-15-2011, 1:31 PM
Thank you Mysterybox, Amici, and crf500-af! Please do email info@seaatlanta.com, so that I may respond with information and details. McPhock, thanks for the offer, but the labor and maintenance is certainly under control.

So, ARC members, what else can we provide for ouyr club sponsored tank?! We are more than willing to accept soft corals, zoanthids, and others as well.

Amici
06-15-2011, 6:06 PM
What is the lighting on this tank btw? Last I saw I think it was T-5's but I couldnt see how many.

SEA Atlanta
06-21-2011, 3:07 PM
Yes, it is driven by T5s. There are 2 six bulb fixtures over the entire tank. PAR is measured regularly, and is well within the capabilities of most all corals, particularly near the reef pinnacle.

Big round of applause to Mysterybox, who dropped off some amazing corals today!!

So, ARC, where is the ARC spirit that started this idea and tank, and made this club what it is?

Once again, remember, we can take stony corals, SPS, soft corals, you name it.

If it would facilitate it, I can even arrange to pickup at the next meeting. We want the tank to look good to reflect the Atlanta Reef Club!!!

beccamc10
06-21-2011, 3:14 PM
Are you looking for all sizes or just larger.. I have some I can donate but they would need picked up.

Amici
06-21-2011, 3:55 PM
Ive got a frogspawn I will donate but what size do these need to be? Haha if a frag falls off it may be hard to reach!

gnashty
06-21-2011, 3:58 PM
I have a nice Idaho Grape Plating monti that is on its way to becoming a show peice....its about 8" now in diameter. I cant deliver it though. I could bring it to the next meeting depending on where it is...

I also have about 8-10 heads of toxic mint acans that I could donate as well.

Amberjack
06-21-2011, 6:17 PM
Thank You ARC Members, stepping up in a BIG WAY!!

DawgFace
06-21-2011, 6:22 PM
I can pony up some nice pieces and hopefully bring to the next meeting if I'm in town.

Ralph ATL
06-21-2011, 6:33 PM
I am going up there next week, too to deliver some more...if anyone wants to meet at my house, I can bring yours...

roundman
06-22-2011, 8:27 AM
I have plenty of orange monty that I can give as much as you can take. I do have one suggestion: We print up a book with a picture and description of what is in the tank for people to look at. (maybe more than one and possibly connect them so they do not walk away)

I have seen this tank and wish I could take it home it really is something to see live.

Ralph ATL
06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Send an email to info@seaatlanta.com, stating what coral you have, and when you can drop it off here in Lawrenceville.

Please note, this tank has been protected and quarantined for all its livestock. Please be sure any coral donations do not have any problematic organisms or pests on them.

Just in case you missed this....

cr500_af
06-22-2011, 11:27 AM
SEA is 75 miles from my house. If it's OK, I will bring my donations to the next meeting.

Amberjack
06-22-2011, 1:30 PM
I have plenty of orange monty that I can give as much as you can take. I do have one suggestion: We print up a book with a picture and description of what is in the tank for people to look at. (maybe more than one and possibly connect them so they do not walk away)

I have seen this tank and wish I could take it home it really is something to see live.

Nice suggestion Rawn. We've got a DVD player and monitor on the tank that displays coral reefs and the animals that inhabit them.

It's capable of playing any DVD if someone wants to put together something specific to that tank. I'm in the process of replacing the DVD player so that it will loop for visitors who come and go.

SEA Atlanta
07-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Just an FYI- we will be at the meeting tomorrow to pick up any donated corals!!!

Amberjack
10-28-2013, 1:33 AM
Bump for our newer members, thanx

SEA Atlanta
10-31-2013, 2:55 PM
http://www.fullgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/greatest-office-gifs-fist-bump.gif

And bump again. We got a lot of initial interest in donations for this tank from members, but not much follow through. Lets make this tank look GREAT ARC! Donations can be accepted in out location in Johns Creek and then seen anya nd everyday at GMC Duluth!

lagunareef
10-31-2013, 3:11 PM
I'm in. I have a hard time finding buyers anyway.

Email/PM sent to info@seaatlanta.com.