View Full Version : Dr.G's Medicated Frozen Fish Foods

Dr.G's
04-24-2011, 6:56 AM
Dear Friends:

Today we will explain our Medicated Frozen Fish Foods.

These were again a result of our own needs, in our Aquaculture Business.

A few years back we started to Aquaculture Clown Fish, we had close to 50 couples and many different species. The process of pairing, growing, conditioning - all went well for over one year, until one Oscellaris clown died, so we needed to replace him.

The new arrival was not quarantined, as the person who provided it to us, guarantied that was perfectly healthy, reason why we went ahead and add it to our system. 24 hours later the new clown was dead and 48 hours later we had lost the entire clown system.

We were devastated, so much work, so much care for our clowns...the culprit was a parasite: Brooklynella ! also know as Clownfish Disease.

So we started research, like we always do.What is out there ? what works ? what does not work ? how to solve this in a better way and how can not only treat but prevent it from happening again ?

The result where our line of Medicated Frozen Foods: (three of them)

1. Dr.G's Anti-Parasitic Frozen Fish Food

http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/frozen-antiparasitic.cfm

Anti Parasitic Frozen Fish Food, Flat Pack 100 grams

Treats Ich, Brooklynella, Uronema, Crypto, Oodinium and many more parasites.

For Fresh Water and Marine Aquariums. Will not affect your Biological Filter.

Medicated Frozen Banquet with No Preservatives, Binders or Gels 100 Grams (3.53 oz) Flat Pack

Coral Reef Safe. Treats your Fish, Not your Water!

Effective new treatment for several forms of marine and freshwater parasites, that can harm or kill your fish.

Amyloodinium Ocellatum or Oodinium is a parasite that primarily attacks the gills. Symptoms include rapid respiration, lethargy, loss of appetite and color fading.

Brooklynella symptoms similar to Oodinium, but it also produces a heavy amount of slime. A thick whitish mucus covers the body, skin lesions appear and signs of secondary bacterial infections may arise.

Cryptocaryon or Marine Ich causes white spots (like grains of salt) on the surface of the fish. It may also cause breathing problems, abnormal swimming, a layer of mucus and cloudy eyes.

Uronema Marinum symptoms include rapid breathing, flashing, color fading, weight loss and dehydration. The fins of infected fish become slightly opaque and appear brittle with frayed edges.

Directions: Break off enough for 1 feeding. Do not defrost in water-allow the frozen food to soften at room temperature for a short period of time, then add the morsels to the aquarium.

To avoid any possibility of damage to invertebrates and corals, remove food that falls on corals with a turkey baster and use Dr.G's Chemical Filter and Phosphate Remover to remove any medication from the water that was not consumed.

Dosage: Depending on your tank size, break off a inch square piece to start. Feeding should be completed in 1 minute-adjust size accordingly. Do not over feed. To treat or prevent parasitic infections, use as regular food every other day for up to 3 weeks. Repeat when new fish are added to your system. Allow at least 3 weeks between treatments.

Storage: Keep frozen at all times.

Active Ingredient: Chloroquine phosphate.

Exceptional Fresh Ingredients: Atlantic Shrimp, Squid, Aquacultured Oyster, Oyster Eggs, Scallop, Clams, Octopus, Pacific Cod, Mysis, Krill, Freshly Harvested Dr.G's Rotifers, Freshly Hatched Baby Brine Shrimp, Adult Brine Shrimp, Green/Red Unroasted Nori, Garlic, Freshly Harvested Dr.G's Phytoplankton, Dr.G's Reef Essential Vitamins and Amino-acids.

Proudly Made in the USA.

Warning: Not for Human Consumption. For Ornamental Aquarium use only. Keep out of reach of children.

2. Dr.G's Anti-Bacterial Frozen Fish Food

http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/frozen-antibacterial.cfm

Anti Bacterial Frozen Fish Food, Flat Pack 100 grams

Treats Fish Infections caused by Bacteria, like "Hole in the Head", PopEye, Hexamita, Fin & Tail Root, Septicemia, Dropsy, Ulcers, Mouth Fungus and many others.

Exclusive therapeutic formula, combining "two" Broad Spectrum Medications with very appetizing foods.

Medicated Frozen Banquet with No Preservatives, Binders or Gels
100 Grams (3.53 oz) Flat Pack

Effective new treatment for most forms of marine and freshwater Bacteria, that can harm or kill your fish.

Non Toxic to Nitrosomas or Nitrobacter, and it is easily removed from the water column by activated carbon.

Effectively treats "hole-in-the-head", protozoal infestation, hexamita, mouth fungus, popeye, fin and tail rot, septicemia, dropsy and ulcers. It does not adversely affect the filter bed, is easily removed with carbon and is non-toxic to nitrosomas and nitrobacter. There are numerous types of bacteria that cause infections in fresh and saltwater fish. Antibiotics are the drug of choice to eliminate bacteria, but no single antibiotic works for them all. Dr. G's includes an antibiotic combination that provides a broader spectrum of antimicrobial activity that is extremely effective against a wide variety of bacterial infections.

The best vehicle to get medication into a fish is through their food, not through the water they swim in. Our unique formula provides the efficiency of two excellent antibiotics plus the premium nutritional value of high protein foods made with the finest and freshest ingredients.

Directions: Break off enough for 1 feeding. Do not defrost in water-allow the frozen food to soften at room temperature for a short period of time,then add the morsels to the aquarium.

To avoid any possibility of damage to invertebrates and corals, remove food that falls on corals with a turkey baster and use Dr.G's Chemical Filter and Phosphate Remover to remove any medication from the water that was not consumed.

Dosage: Depending on your tank size, break off a inch square piece to start. Feeding should be completed in 1 minute-adjust size accordingly. Do not over feed. To treat or prevent parasitic infections, use as regular food every other day for up to 3 weeks. Repeat when new fish are added to your system. Allow at least 3 weeks between treatments.

Active Ingredient: Kanamycin & Metronidazole.

Exceptional Fresh Ingredients: Atlantic Shrimp, Squid, Aquacultured Oyster, Oyster Eggs, Scallop , Clams, Octopus, Pacific Cod, Mysis, Krill, Freshly Harvested Dr.G's Rotifers, Freshly Hatched Baby Brine Shrimp, Adult Brine Shrimp, Green/Red Unroasted Nori, Garlic, Freshly Harvested Dr.G's Phytoplankton, Dr.G's Reef Essential Vitamins and Amino-acids.

Proudly Made in the USA.

Warning: Not for Human Consumption. For Ornamental Aquarium use only. Keep out of reach of children.

3. Dr.G's De-Wormer Frozen Fish Food

http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/frozen-dewormer.cfm

De-Wormer Frozen Fish Food, Flat Pack 100 grams

Treats Internal and External Worms of Fish.

Medicated Frozen Banquet with No Preservatives, Binders or Gels
100 Grams (3.53 oz) Flat Pack

Effective new treatment for marine and freshwater worms, that can harm or kill your fish.

It is estimated that 80% of all fish have some type of worm infestation. Dr. G's De-Wormer Rx treats infections caused by internal and external worms, such as gill and body flukes, tapeworm, turbellarians, planarians and flatworms.

May also be used to prevent worm parasites from infecting your fish and aquariums. Offers rapid control and does not affect your biological filter. May also be used to prevent worm parasites from infecting your fish and to treat new arrivals.

Do not use if you have Feather Duster Worms or flatworms of the Polycladida family. May cause temporary foaming of your Protein Skimmer.

Directions: Break off enough for 1 feeding. Do not defrost in water-allow the frozen food to soften at room temperature for a short period of time, then add the morsels to the aquarium.

Active Ingredient: Praziquantel.

Exceptional Fresh Ingredients: Atlantic Shrimp, Squid, Aquacultured Oyster, Oyster Eggs, Scallop, Clams, Octopus, Pacific Cod, Mysis, Krill, Freshly Harvested Dr.G's Rotifers, Freshly Hatched Baby Brine Shrimp, Adult Brine Shrimp, Green/Red Unroasted Nori, Garlic, Freshly Harvested Dr.G's Phytoplankton, Dr.G's Reef Essential Vitamins and Amino-acids.

Proudly Made in the USA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From our family to yours we wish you a Very Happy Easter !

Many Thanks

Dr.G's

andregarcia_73
04-24-2011, 8:06 AM
Where can I find prices?

Dr.G's
04-24-2011, 8:17 AM
Dear Andre:

LFS retail price for our Medicated Frozen Fish Foods, is $ 10.50 to $ 11.00.

With Dr.G's you get an Omnivore food pack plus the medication.

Medication only products run at the same price : 10 bucks.

So with us you get more for your money. No mixing to do, no mess, no fuss.

Our formula is a simple one, Great Products and Great Prices !

I thank you for considering Dr.G's products.

Dr.G's

siavashv
04-24-2011, 10:18 AM
I bought some of this medicated food when some of my fish came down with ich. It seems as if it really helped along with the other things I was feeding them. However the only issue that I had is that the fish eat very little of the food. Whereas other mixed type foods, they eat voraciously. Is it because the medicated part of the food tastes bad or is it that they don't particularly like that type of food. Also, the food does not break up very well. When I leave it to thaw and break up in some water, it just sticks together and is difficult to break up into small pieces for the smaller fish to eat.

texhorns98
04-24-2011, 1:18 PM
I bought some of this medicated food when some of my fish came down with ich. It seems as if it really helped along with the other things I was feeding them. However the only issue that I had is that the fish eat very little of the food. Whereas other mixed type foods, they eat voraciously. Is it because the medicated part of the food tastes bad or is it that they don't particularly like that type of food. Also, the food does not break up very well. When I leave it to thaw and break up in some water, it just sticks together and is difficult to break up into small pieces for the smaller fish to eat.

The directions say to NOT thaw it in water. Just let it sit at room temp to soften.

Dr.G's
05-15-2011, 6:06 AM
Dear siavashv, cloroquine has some bitter flavor, but is extremely effective, so if the fish eat just a portion it will work, if the fish are hungry they will eat it.

Our frozen foods are not water packed. We do not add any water to the frozen foods, which is a common practice to increase weight. With Dr.G's you get your moneys worth.

Thanks

Dr.G's

Rbredding
05-15-2011, 7:38 AM
my only question is.. when can I get it at my local store?

Dr.G's
05-15-2011, 7:44 AM
It is already available at Pure Reef, Creation Reef & Aquatics and also at Pets Unlimited, all in your area.

Many Thanks

Dr.G's

andregarcia_73
05-15-2011, 9:12 AM
I have seen both purereef and creation reef carrying these. I travel to those areas quite often.

karn888
09-20-2011, 2:26 AM
How much medication is in the food?

Dr.G's
09-20-2011, 5:31 AM
Dear Karn:

The process of how our foods are made is private information, but we guarantee that our process binds the perfect dosage to our foods.

Thanks

Dr.G's

DawgFace
09-20-2011, 6:21 PM
Dear siavashv, cloroquine has some bitter flavor, but is extremely effective, so if the fish eat just a portion it will work, if the fish are hungry they will eat it.

Our frozen foods are not water packed. We do not add any water to the frozen foods, which is a common practice to increase weight. With Dr.G's you get your moneys worth.

Thanks

Dr.G's

Understatement in my opinion. After trying to fight off ich for months mixing metro and focus myself I decided to try this stuff. I haven't had ich since! Knocked it out in a week.

As far as fish eating full portions I had the same problem(except triggers). I figured it wouldnt work effectively because of it. However both the picky eaters and the pigs ich subsided about the same time

PFCDeitz
10-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Are there any other sponsors that can get it or ship it? Id really like to get this as im having back luck with ich

DawgFace
10-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Pure reef

gnashty
10-01-2011, 9:20 AM
I havent been to a sponsor yet that didnt carry it....

PFCDeitz
01-15-2012, 6:49 PM
Can anyone Ship this? I really could use some

Or any other Sponsors near gwinnett

Dr.G's
02-01-2012, 5:30 AM
Can anyone Ship this? I really could use some

Or any other Sponsors near gwinnett

Dear Kris:

Please ask your Local Fish Stores to contact us, so we can ship it soonest.

We are also looking for a distributor for GA, so anyone interested in making some extra money, can visit our website at:http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/retailers.cfm

Many Thanks

Dr.G's