View Full Version : Times are tough

PFCDeitz
02-11-2011, 7:22 PM
Well i had a job lined up to drive a Offroad dumptruck and it got shut down...

So back to the application process. Anyone know any companies hiring that they work at or know. Anything works. Also anything that requires two or more years Exp lets just cut out.

Thanks for the help guys

I know someone will ask so here

My Skills are

Security
Mechanics ( Vehicles and Boats) Pre 2000
Basic Construction or Handy man
Knowledgeable of Plumping/Welding and Woodwork
Lawn care and Pressure cleaning
I was a Mp in the Army so i have good knowledge of that type of work.

Im sure there is more. Thanks again for any help. Dinner to anyone that helps me get into something

weaglereefer
02-11-2011, 7:31 PM
Check www.lpjobs.com (http://www.lpjobs.com) for a bunch of positions in the loss prevention field. Most places love any military experience, and since you also have security experience, that's a plus. The hours are also not bad for working a retail gig, since you usually leave when the store closes, not 2 hours later. The storeside jobs are basically just a lot of routine work that you do every day.

If you're a morning person, check golf courses since spring is kinda trying to make its way here. I used to work at one every summer on a ground crew. Got in shape, got a tan, met lots of interesting people, learned lots of Spanish, and was home by 3 every day, with weekends off.

PFCDeitz
02-11-2011, 7:33 PM
Lol thanks man i will deff check it out. Im taking anything right now

porpoiseaquatics
02-11-2011, 7:55 PM
Are you relocateable?

PFCDeitz
02-11-2011, 8:00 PM
I can be.

porpoiseaquatics
02-11-2011, 8:01 PM
PM Coming

jenkins2212
02-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Brother just got on with Millis freight. Dont know if thats what your wanting to do. They pay for your schooling and training for CDL. You will be over the road trucking but the moneys good and its not hard to get on with them.

PFCDeitz
02-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Is it in ga only or all over the US

jenkins2212
02-13-2011, 1:24 PM
Eastern US. They have regional routes also.

PFCDeitz
02-13-2011, 2:56 PM
OK ill check it out Thanks Jenkins!

Tony_Caliente
02-14-2011, 9:04 AM
Manpower (I work for them) has a large light industrial practice. Visit their website at www.mampower.com (http://www.mampower.com) and see what they have available.

RaisedOnNintendo
02-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Dump truck needs a cfl do u have 1?

jcusmarine
02-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Can you weld? PM me and I may have a job lined up for you with my company.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sharkbait
02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Man do I need a new job..Anyone else have some jobs available? I can weld, build, design robots going to school for mechanical engineering. Have four years of warehouse/receiving experience. Have over three years of cashier experience as well. I also worked for an internship for the military for a company that then went under when I tried to get hired back by them.

jcusmarine
02-14-2011, 8:29 PM
PM incoming....

Man do I need a new job..Anyone else have some jobs available? I can weld, build, design robots going to school for mechanical engineering. Have four years of warehouse/receiving experience. Have over three years of cashier experience as well. I also worked for an internship for the military for a company that then went under when I tried to get hired back by them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PFCDeitz
02-14-2011, 10:03 PM
I have Welded but nothing thats Considered a welder. But i learn fast. I did have a CDL but i do need to get it renewed. But i was told the CDL i have was no good id have to redo the whole test. I guess i got it from a Bootlegged Place. Jcus let me know. Like i said i can learn and need a Job Thanks for all the offers guys

RaisedOnNintendo
02-15-2011, 7:36 AM
What's your driving record look like? Do u have any money saved up? I can get you into a school and a job that will pay for it if you'll work for them for 1 year.

jcusmarine
02-15-2011, 8:10 AM
Ok. We have a welder starting tomorrow.

I need to hire an entry level Design Engineer with Solidworks experience. PM me with resume.

Sharkbait
02-15-2011, 8:28 AM
Ok. We have a welder starting tomorrow.

I need to hire an entry level Design Engineer with Solidworks experience. PM me with resume.

PM sent...

PFCDeitz
02-15-2011, 1:17 PM
What's your driving record look like? Do u have any money saved up? I can get you into a school and a job that will pay for it if you'll work for them for 1 year.

Its good. I mean i was able to be a cop lol. But in all honestly i have a few speeding tickets and stuff but all from teenage years.

RaisedOnNintendo
02-15-2011, 1:24 PM
Past 3-5 years matter one or two tickets no prob. Long as there is no DUI. Werner ent. You can train thru them and work for them a year they will pay for your classe or option b you pay for your cdl class and there are a dozen differnt companys that will reimburse you for it as long as you are working for them. Werner is also part of that program expect 35,000 the first year they will pay for your hotels during training. After that do a local job expect 50000-60000k after 2-3 years if you don't mind working some folks make more me personally I like having a life.

PFCDeitz
02-15-2011, 1:27 PM
Yeah i have a Uncle who drives. Its something id do if i had nothing else. Having a new baby on the way its the only thing stopping me. Thanks Shane

PFCDeitz
02-20-2011, 8:32 PM
I want to THANK everyone of you who try to help me. I may have a Deal with Rockdale PD!

jenkins2212
02-20-2011, 8:59 PM
Congrats!!!!!

Smoothie
02-21-2011, 12:58 AM
I want to THANK everyone of you who try to help me. I may have a Deal with Rockdale PD!
Sweet!