View Full Version : Lighting Problem Help quick please

06-12-2007, 7:41 PM
I have a Coralife Aqualight Pro HQI Fixture and I just got new bulbs for it. I got two 150 Watt Phoenix 14K bulbs. I replaced them and only one works now. The one came on almost immidiatly but the other one still hasn't come on and its been about an hour. I tried re seating it and it still will not come on.:boo:. What do I do?

06-12-2007, 7:46 PM
swap the bulds around to see if its the bulb or the fixture.

worst case scenario, put the old ones back in.

06-12-2007, 8:26 PM
Ok, so I switched the bulbs around and nothing worked. Apparently it is the Ballast?

06-12-2007, 9:14 PM
ya had a similer problem but with pc's in a nanocube and i was about to buy rep. pc's but a friend that sold it to me had extra blasts and pc's so he tested it and he fixed it so from my experience it must be the blast.

06-12-2007, 9:20 PM
Yeah does, anyone know if I can get replacement Ballasts that are the same ones?

06-12-2007, 9:37 PM
most likely that there wouldn't be anyone who has one(but you never know) and if there is not which kind would you look for icecap because i would get it here

06-12-2007, 9:37 PM
Check the cable connections. I had an Aqualight Pro and the cord from the ballast would come unplugged from the cord to the fixture. (Assuming you have the same model).

06-13-2007, 6:49 PM
Well, I feel like a complete idiot. The connection from the Quick Dissconnect from the ballast came un plugged. Man!!!! Thanks for the help!

06-13-2007, 9:43 PM
haha good one dude.
i had a repair man come out to fix my ac the other day. knowing a little about them, i thought i had checked everything. he came out and pushed the high limit reset button outside and charged me 85 bucks.
its the most simple things we overlook.:yes: