View Full Version : RKL Programmer needed

porpoiseaquatics
11-28-2010, 8:04 AM
Ok....had my RKL for several weeks now and I just can't seem to get it to do what I want it to do so .. I NEED HELP! (in more ways than one I might add). It may not do what I want it to do but the guys at DA says it will. Anybody close by that can program these things?

LilRobb
11-28-2010, 8:05 AM
One word yesterday and you would be set today...
SORRY man

porpoiseaquatics
11-28-2010, 9:07 AM
Robb...appreciate that but given the situation...didn't want to keep you any longer than was necessary. Maybe if I'm down your way, I'll bring it with me.

gnashty
11-28-2010, 11:09 AM
just drop it off with me and check back in February....:lol2:

gmpolan
11-28-2010, 11:23 AM
lol....once mine gets back from da, im so contacting you gary to set mine up as ive been following all of your post in regards to it..

gnashty
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I can set up an RKE no problem, never had an RKL though...I am good all the way to multiple reactors then im probably not much help on the RKE, its all about organizing your system on paper, working on one task at a time, then loop it all together and start on the next.

And if you want to set up your NET module, im not your guy...

lol....once mine gets back from da, im so contacting you gary to set mine up as ive been following all of your post in regards to it..

gmpolan
11-28-2010, 11:35 AM
just need the RKE for the time :)

porpoiseaquatics
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Gary....do you know how to set up an RKL so that it controls lights? I want each plug to control a different light at a different time.

gmpolan
11-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Jeff, i checked and i just have an extra temp for the RKE, sorry bud...

porpoiseaquatics
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Jeff, i checked and i just have an extra temp for the RKE, sorry bud...

No problem. Not that important really since I'm not using it to control a chiller or heater. I'll end up buying one from DA unless I buy a second unit.

gnashty
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Like I said im not familiar with the RKL interface but this is how I do it on the RKE

Timer 01
set this for one "plug" of your lights

Timer 02
set this for the other "plug"

if you have a 3rd, set a 3rd timer

then go into that plug on the interface and set it to timer 01, next plug timer 02 etc..

you should be good to go - set the actual plug up as a device (temp) and you can set the low and high points that will make the lights turn off if the temp gets too high - that is if you are using a temp probe.

Robb may be able to help more since he has the RKL..