View Full Version : **Please help! Sick clownfish. :-(

delpni
08-27-2010, 5:55 PM
I know I just posted a short while ago about my clownfish possibly being ready to breed. Well, I have noticed a RAPID change in her behavior over this past hour. She (I think it's a she) has been spending a lot of time (when she's not digging in the sand) swimming at the surface of the tank over the past week or so; otherwise acting perfectly normal and eating A LOT. Over the past hour, i have noticed her face keeps pointing toward the bottom of the tank and she almost flips entirely upside down. As soon as she moves forward, she corrects herself and then repeats the cycle when she stops swimming or swims slowly. If I remember my reading, this is NOT a good sign and I'm really worried because she is my favorite fish! :shout: PLEASE help!! I'm only in town for 1 more day and then am having friends take care of my fish; i don't want to lose my clown.

All params are normal (nitrates are <5ppm and nitrites, phosphates, and amonia are 0) Temp is 78-81 deg. Sal. is 1.025.

jamescook
08-27-2010, 6:25 PM
Hey
I Know it sux, but there is not a lot one can type that will help your fish. Just be calm and watch. If your water is normal and no big changes, it may be a bit of gas? It is scary when they swim funny. swim bladder issues are tough to figure out. The only thing that I know helps a sick fish is stability and lots of good food. But that's really my answer to all... more food. they can feel your love and you just have to listen if they have something to say. geesh what a hippie. stay calm

mikesommers
08-27-2010, 6:29 PM
+100000000

delpni
08-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey
I Know it sux, but there is not a lot one can type that will help your fish. Just be calm and watch. If your water is normal and no big changes, it may be a bit of gas? It is scary when they swim funny. swim bladder issues are tough to figure out. The only thing that I know helps a sick fish is stability and lots of good food. But that's really my answer to all... more food. they can feel your love and you just have to listen if they have something to say. geesh what a hippie. stay calm

:). Thank you. He gets LOTS of love and will get more now. This fish actually curls up in my palm if I put my hand in the tank. I think he used to be a cat or something. Lol

DrNecropolis
08-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey

This right here is post of the week!