View Full Version : AquaMaxx Red Devil Needlewheel (AKA Red Demon)

jcusmarine
08-26-2010, 5:18 PM
For all ye SICCE PSK-2500 Skimmer Pump users, I will be reviewing the Red Demon Needlewheel mod. For me, it will be on my Octo Extreme 160.

Compatible with the Warner's K2 cone skimmer, Octopus, ATB and ATI skimmers that use the SICCE PSK-2500 pumps.

Expect the highest SCFH rating with this pinwheel!

40-45 SCFH

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6297

jcusmarine
08-30-2010, 7:32 PM
Mo' bubbles!

Nuff said.

Review complete. (For a more scientific approach, including detailed SCFH readings, please talk to somebody other than me)

:D

Smoothie
09-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I just wanna see a picture comparison

Acroholic
09-02-2010, 1:10 AM
Does your skimmer start and stop by itself with this needle wheel? One issue the purple pin wheel had was you had to actually blow into the air intake every toehr time to restart the skimmer after plugging the pump backin after cleaning or whatever.

I had the PPW on an Octo extreme 160 I had and this was a PIA.

jcusmarine
09-02-2010, 9:27 AM
I just wanna see a picture comparison

I understand. When I first kicked off this review thread, it was before I installed it. Post install, I immediatly notice the difference up close, but I could not capture with the camera....I tried. Hence, this review turned to....:sad:

Does your skimmer start and stop by itself with this needle wheel? One issue the purple pin wheel had was you had to actually blow into the air intake every toehr time to restart the skimmer after plugging the pump backin after cleaning or whatever.

I had the PPW on an Octo extreme 160 I had and this was a PIA.

That is why I got this wheel. I was going to get the Purple, but I had heard about the start stop. This is something I can conclusively review is the ability for the pump to start and stop itself after power off/restart. Yay! I posted something of substance regarding the darn thing :D.

I figured it was worth a shot...it is a decent 20 buck mod.

Acroholic
09-02-2010, 2:30 PM
That is why I got this wheel. I was going to get the Purple, but I had heard about the start stop. This is something I can conclusively review is the ability for the pump to start and stop itself after power off/restart. Yay! I posted something of substance regarding the darn thing :D.

I figured it was worth a shot...it is a decent 20 buck mod.

Good deal then.

Rbredding
09-02-2010, 4:16 PM
yay! I posted something of substance
gold star for you!! :D