08-19-2010, 12:07 PM
For my serpent star. I have decided that asterinas eating my pretty blue zoas is simply not going to do, so I need a harlequin shrimp. But I don't want to sacrifice my serpent star, and I don't have a sump to put him in yet. Anyone here willing to keep him for a few months til I a)get rid of the asterinas and the shrimp, or b)get my sump together so I can throw him in there?
He's not the scary green kind. He's the gray kind. I feed him krill by hand and he spends the rest of his days down in the rocks.
08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Tagging along as I need a harlequin shrimp too! Asterina are making my tank look bleached white from eating all the coraline.
08-19-2010, 1:07 PM
i would but my tank isnt ready yet
08-19-2010, 2:03 PM
I would but there is too much room to hide.. Not sure I could get him back out..
08-19-2010, 2:10 PM
I'd offer but I might be moving my tank and stuff in the next month or two soo...
08-19-2010, 3:57 PM
If you dont find someone closer to ya . not a problem.
how big is he and these are reef safe right? i have a zillion (roughly) micro-serpents in both my tanks and could keep him, after words, i'd trade you for the shrimp so i can get rid of my asterina problem too
08-19-2010, 4:44 PM
He's not huge, I would guess an 8-10" legspan if he stretched. Reef safe and never harmed a thing in my tank. (Which is why I don't want to sentence him to a horrible death by dismemberment.) He will take krill right from my fingers.