View Full Version : attack of the giant luttuce nudi...AHHHHH!

glxtrix
05-21-2007, 2:35 PM
hehehehe, alright so I just realized the size of one of my lettuce nudis thats cleaning up a spot of bryopsis on my purple digitata's that never seems to go away......anyways, this guy is huge! Easily 2-2.5" long maybe even close to 3. This guy was tiny when I bought him, maybe 1". His brother tho is definately smaller and not growing as fast, I think hes a snob at what he eats I've placed him on a spot of bryopsis and he moves right off. Oh well. Anyways just thought I'ld share.

tsciarini
05-21-2007, 2:37 PM
MmMmMmmm...

MattTVI
05-21-2007, 2:38 PM
Nice Elysia Crispata, though I'm not expert on IDs.

Does that then bother any macro algae like Caulerpa?

glxtrix
05-21-2007, 2:39 PM
as odd as it sounds I hope to always have just a lil bit of that algea in my tank just to keep these guys, they are so cool looking. Matt I have no clue if it eats other macro algeas, but it destroys bryopsis, which is a good thing ;)

MattTVI
05-21-2007, 2:55 PM
as odd as it sounds I hope to always have just a lil bit of that algea in my tank just to keep these guys, they are so cool looking. Matt I have no clue if it eats other macro algeas, but it destroys bryopsis, which is a good thing ;)

Do you have another picture of it? More of a top-down shot? It actually looks a bit more like E. Clarki, in which case, I need to know where you go it! :)

glxtrix
05-21-2007, 3:19 PM
my camera sucks something bad so a good pic will be hard to get. This is the best I can do and hes kinda in the shade right now. I'ld suggest getting ahold of Stevhan at itsfishybusiness, hes a club sponsor and has great prices! Thats where I got my nudis from, I'm sure he'll be able to tell you the species he has.

MattTVI
05-21-2007, 3:23 PM
cool, thanks!

I'll have to check them out.

dough
05-21-2007, 3:38 PM
I'll trade some zoo eating nudis for him! Their sure are pretty under actinics.

glxtrix
05-21-2007, 3:42 PM
and any light for that matter, they are just a very cool looking nudi. Its ashame their food source is mainly bryopsis.

MattTVI
05-21-2007, 3:46 PM
and any light for that matter, they are just a very cool looking nudi. Its ashame their food source is mainly bryopsis.

It appears that the adults have a less specialized palate! If what you've got there is indeed E. Clarki (and it looks like it to me), it should eat some halmedia sp. and such as it matures.

here's a link w/ info on what I think you've got in your tank, glx.

http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=elysclar

hth,

Matt