View Full Version : R2 Moonlights

DonS
08-04-2010, 6:08 PM
I was given two 36inch R2Moonlights last Christmas as a gift from my son, Dartfrog. (user name -- not his given name) 50% of the bulbs are now out. He's tried contacting them and I've sent them a note asking for some advice ie Warrantee or Repair? So far neither of us has gotten a response. Does anyone have any experience with these folks or should we write them off?
I for one think a no-response is "we really don't care" or "we don't have a decent product and are too embarrassed to respond".

Note:
[I hope this thread is in the right place, if not would a moderator please move, thanks]

AndyMan
08-04-2010, 6:41 PM
Don,

I don't have personal experience with the R2Moonlights BUT don't write them off, they're LED's and should be relatively easily replaceable (assuming you have soldering iron and some spare LED's)

weaglereefer
08-04-2010, 6:45 PM
And if you replace them, throw some white LEDs in there!

DonS
08-05-2010, 8:26 PM
Don,

I don't have personal experience with the R2Moonlights BUT don't write them off, they're LED's and should be relatively easily replaceable (assuming you have soldering iron and some spare LED's)

Still no reply, filled in online form and called them. Sounds like a PART TIME JOB FOR SOMEONE WHO IMPORTS PRODUCT FROM "CHINA". I am a small business owner that runs a web store, but this type of service is RIDICULOUS! It's hard to defend them if you've not bought their product. I'm happy to get replacement bulbs and dust off the soldering iron, but if you can't get the bulbs .............
If I don't get a reply then they are off my list and they should be off the list of anyone who reads this, including any of our sponsors that might carry this product.

rcorbitt
10-09-2010, 2:28 PM
I've had a very good experience with the company. Have you tried calling them? Your LFS should have a direct number for customer service.

DonS
10-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I've had a very good experience with the company. Have you tried calling them? Your LFS should have a direct number for customer service.

I tried calling them, left a message. Also sent them an request via their online form. I've ripped them out of the hood. The bulbs are inside a tube, didn't see anyway to replace them. I would have if I could, not afraid of solder. Ended up buying 8 led unit from Porpoiseaquatics (Sp?).

CockyBrock
10-23-2010, 5:46 PM
I have some of their moonlights and they've worked no problem for me.

Maybe you just got a bad batch. I'd continue to contact them and see if you could get a replacement. If you used a credit card, just call the CC company and do a chargeback. That will get their attention.