View Full Version : Anyone got this RODI unit?

Smallblock
06-23-2010, 8:41 PM
Does anyone here use this unit? I would like to hear some reviews the price is great and I love the accesories. Opinions http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-plus-system.html

jhutto
06-23-2010, 8:44 PM
got one and it works great. I got the second filter to run water through to minimize waste water.

bdesper311
06-23-2010, 8:45 PM
I have had it since January and love it. Very easy to install and knock on wood, no leaks! I think it is def worth the money! Hope it helps, if you have any specific questions about it let me know!

Smallblock
06-23-2010, 8:46 PM
wait how does it decrease waste water again?

Smallblock
06-23-2010, 8:46 PM
tell me about all that comes with it

Smallblock
06-23-2010, 8:47 PM
how do I get my arc discount with them?

bdesper311
06-23-2010, 8:48 PM
I think jhutto is talking about an extra piece you can buy to collect drinking water from it, but I may be wrong... I think it has a 4:1 ratio of waste water to ro/di... i may be wrong at this also though, I have not looked at specs since I bought it

bdesper311
06-23-2010, 8:50 PM
i got the plus so it comes with the tds meter already installed, has attachments to connect to a hose, the sink or install it into your plumbing, pressure gauge, and of course the 4 stage ro and seperate di canister and it is all connected if i remember correctly, im not a vary "handy person" and had no problems installing it. not sure about the discount because i bought during a group powerbuy

Rockdog
06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I think jhutto is talking about an extra piece you can buy to collect drinking water from it, but I may be wrong... I think it has a 4:1 ratio of waste water to ro/di... i may be wrong at this also though, I have not looked at specs since I bought it

I think Jhutto has done what I did. He added another RO membrane to the system. BRS sells this as a kit (HERE (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/150-gpd-water-saving-upgrade-kit.html)). The install is simple, take the waste water from the first RO and use it to supply the NEW RO then Y the clean outputs together and send them to the DI and then to the holding tank...

I could help if needed.

Jason

jhutto
06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Jason is right about what I did. I think over time the membrane helps save dollars as you lessen the water that is wasted down the drain. Its just plumbed from waste off first membrane to the second one. In other words the cast off water is run through the second membrane.

Joe

bdesper311
06-24-2010, 11:11 AM
hmmmm.... never thought about that... I may have to check one out! Thanks guys!