View Full Version : FS COMPLETED DIY LED Light

SnowManSnow
05-19-2010, 5:01 PM
Yea, so I just basically completed this project and did a nice job on it, but I just don't want to follow through with the cost and bother of making another 4 of them to cover my 48" tank.

The details (including the components) are here in the DIY section

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43366

The light works GREAT.. and I really wouldn't hesitate to put it on my tank, but I just don't want to build the other 4 that it would take to cover the tank.

it is 24 high power CREE LEDS.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS BUILT TO WORK WITH THE RKL OR RKE units. Included is the ALC module that lets you DIM the lights... 12 and 12. YOU WILL NEED an RKL or RKE to use this.

The build quality is very good, but not commercial as far as soldering joints go and such. Again, I wouldn't hesitate to use this light. Nothing is going to break or come loose without some sort of neglect. It is very sound.. just not a production mod :)

The light dimensions are 7.28 x 15.

It will be up to you to mount this light.

please email me any questions you may have. i'll do my best to answer.

I would like to get what i have in it .. as far as materials, and what i cost to get them here.

Asking 425 for dimmable LED light for use with reefkeeper.
:eek:

gnashty
05-19-2010, 5:04 PM
so your saying you wont build me an 84" one for my tank? have you seen those Red ones DA has for the reefkeeper for night viewing?
sorry for the jack

SnowManSnow
05-19-2010, 5:12 PM
haha i didn't say i wouldn't build someone one for a fee + materials .. haha i just don't want to invest the rest of the 1200 AND build one :)

this would be a KILLER light for a smaller tank.