View Full Version : Oi... new tiny problem..need advice quick..

llewella
03-29-2010, 7:35 AM
My Cuke crawled into my overflow. There is nothing in there that can hurt it, but also there is no sand in there. I am also scared he will get into the drain line and either clog it or die in there. IIf he does make it to the sump he will be stopped by the drip diffuser thing at the top and will more or less be out of the water except for the drips.. He can't get to any power heads or the return pump.
So, should I leave him alone and hope he goes back over to the tank or try to get him out. I'm worried about stressing him when I catch him and he might "throw up" his guts.. just how sensitive are they?

Acroholic
03-29-2010, 7:51 AM
I would get him out ASAP.......he'd make a great plug for your overflow line and a resulting flood.

llewella
03-29-2010, 7:55 AM
Yea.. thought so.. I'll just be very gentle with him and hope for the best :D

JennM
03-29-2010, 8:17 AM
Is it a reef ready tank? If so, just pull out the standpipe and catch him out of the bottom of the drain pipe.

Jenn

llewella
03-29-2010, 8:20 AM
yes it's RR. Right now he is near the top on the wall. I've been watching him closely. lol I tried to net him but he's kinda stuck to the wall with his little spikes/suckers and I'm scared to force him off. lol Will it stress him bad or hurt him if I do pull him off?

JennM
03-29-2010, 8:26 AM
If you can reach it, just gently take it off and move it to a safe spot. Not that big of a deal.

Jenn

llewella
03-29-2010, 8:31 AM
Thanks Jenn. Just been reading horror stories about Cukes exploding when stressed and don't know how sensitive they are :unsure:.. lol sorry to be a worry wart. I can reach him and will move him now :D

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

JennM
03-29-2010, 9:23 AM
Yeah and that's a valid concern - but just picking it up and moving it isn't a biggie. If something is pecking at it, harassing it or tries to eat it, that's typically when they eviscerate.

I've seen one or two eviscerate in the bag - but they have "spare" organs so they are usually fine anyway. I suspect if the transportation box gets manhandled, they'll get upset, but it takes a bit more than a careful move about to get it to spew. ;)

Jenn

Brisco15
03-29-2010, 10:16 AM
How it go Val get him out?

llewella
03-29-2010, 10:52 AM
yup :D no worries..

Brisco15
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Ok good lol