View Full Version : Bubble Magus NAC6 (Wide Neck)

LukeStimp
02-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Just received mine and all I can say is WOW! on the Quality of the Build.

I'm not sure if anyone on here is using one of these currently. So far all the reviews I've found have been great.

3Reef did an excellent Un-boxing and Review Write up on it so I'm just going to Link over.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/protein-skimmers/bubble-magus-nac6-skimmer-unboxed-77380.html

I'm just getting things together for my build so unfortunately I haven't been able to start mine up and see how well it runs but I'll be sure to check back in with everyone and let them know what I think..

tqpolo
04-05-2010, 6:39 PM
I don't see YOUR review.

bdesper311
04-05-2010, 6:41 PM
they are good skimmers, I have the NAC3+ and love it...

LukeStimp
04-06-2010, 2:22 PM
I don't see YOUR review.

LOL! Still don't have it set-up and running yet. I can say though that the Build Quality of the Skimmer is Awesome. Much better than that of the Octopus (Which is in no way Bad). Hopefully I can get a few more things this Month and actually start setting the system up. I just wanted to make sure I do this one right so I'm taking all the time in the world..

kletsch
03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I have the Cadlights version of the NAC 6 on a 50g cube and I really like it. I think it comes with a different pump, and it doesn't come with the little valve on the collection cup drain, just a plug at the end of the hose. Also there was not a clear cylinder to raise the skimmer, but my sump seems to keep water at the right depth so I assume since it all came as a package it wasn't needed. Other than that seems identical.

Its my first real skimmer. Right now I am a little over a week into cycling and curing my rock - about 43 pounds.

The skimmer is real easy to adjust, and it produced skim mate almost immediately for me. Its crazy the low tide stench when I drain the collection cup. Its easy to adjust, just by twisting the big blue tube to control flow and hence bubble height. I was surprised by how precise a control was available by adjusting the flow.

I cleaned it once already because it got gunked up with what I think was fine particles from my new wet bagged substrate. Even after a good cleaning the skimmer pulled or produced again in a few hours.

I am new to skimmers, but this one is simple to set up and operate for me so far. My only minor criticism would be the instructions. It came with instructions, but they read like a google translate from some other language.

Oh and there were extra Bubble Magus logo stickers in the box too. Put these on my macbook. And then decided to put my Runcore logo stickers on my sump.

kletsch
03-22-2011, 11:08 PM
I have the Cadlights version of the NAC 6 on a 50g cube and I really like it. I think it comes with a different pump, and it doesn't come with the little valve on the collection cup drain, just a plug at the end of the hose. Also there was not a clear cylinder to raise the skimmer, but my sump seems to keep water at the right depth so I assume since it all came as a package it wasn't needed. Other than that seems identical.

Its my first real skimmer. Right now I am a little over a week into cycling and curing my rock - about 43 pounds.

The skimmer is real easy to adjust, and it produced skim mate almost immediately for me. Its crazy the low tide stench when I drain the collection cup. Its easy to adjust, just by twisting the big blue tube to control flow and hence bubble height. I was surprised by how precise a control was available by adjusting the flow.

I cleaned it once already because it got gunked up with what I think was fine particles from my new wet bagged substrate. Even after a good cleaning the skimmer pulled or produced again in a few hours.

I am new to skimmers, but this one is simple to set up and operate for me so far. My only minor criticism would be the instructions. It came with instructions, but they read like a google translate from some other language.

Oh and there were extra Bubble Magus logo stickers in the box too. Put these on my macbook. And then decided to put my Runcore logo stickers on my sump.