View Full Version : I'm looking to buy a used car..... Who has one?

Dakota9
02-12-2010, 8:35 AM
I'm looking to spend about 3000.00 on a used car in the next few weeks (yeah, call me Rockefeller).

I'm looking for anything that runs well, that I won't feel like a complete loser driving down the highway (well, anymore of a loser than usual is good enough). Prefer no body parts missing, but reliable a must. Automatic or manual.

I have a friend that's looking for a car as well, for around 1500.00, but it has to be an automatic.

Let me know....

chauwall
02-12-2010, 8:42 AM
I think my brother has a black Acura Integra for sale. It's a manual. Lemme check.

tnyga
02-12-2010, 8:46 AM
MAY SELL A 96 TBIRD 8 CYLINDER 50 SOME THOUSAND MILES (sry caps) Im the second owner...3500

Dakota9
02-12-2010, 8:53 AM
I think my brother has a black Acura Integra for sale. It's a manual. Lemme check.

Please Check!!!!!!!!! I've always really liked the mid-90's Acuras

MAY SELL A 96 TBIRD 8 CYLINDER 50 SOME THOUSAND MILES (sry caps) Im the second owner...3500

Let me know when it will definitely be for sale. Sounds like a gas guzzler, but if it's mechanically sound, it would pay off.

tnyga
02-12-2010, 9:03 AM
Please Check!!!!!!!!! I've always really liked the mid-90's Acuras

Let me know when it will definitely be for sale. Sounds like a gas guzzler, but if it's mechanically sound, it would pay off.

Interior is like brand new..body straight...needs an antenna...my son doesnt care he uses his ipod lol Only has like 56,000 miles...new tires

AndrewG
02-12-2010, 9:25 AM
Cash for Clunkers got rid of most of the inexpensive second hand market.

I have gotten all of my cars from cars.com I've never had an issue but I was always very cautious. I bought my wife her volvo by flying up to DC to close the deal.

ga_daisy
02-12-2010, 9:41 AM
[quote=AndrewG;463794]Cash for Clunkers got rid of most of the inexpensive second hand market.

quote]
Yep....that is one of the big issues that we ran into finding Tyler a car.

AND....another huge issue to consider is that with all of the flooding of that last year, those cars are still out there and people are trying to unload them. So, be very cautious. Buying from someone that you know will help those issues of course, but if the deal sounds to good to be true on Craigslist or AutoTrader, then it probably is. Which is really crappy, especially since you also have those people that just really need the money right now and are getting rid of their spare cars. Double edged sword of sorts.