View Full Version : what fish should I get?

jnbrex
12-24-2009, 8:44 AM
I am trying to decide what my last few fish should be. I have a 75 gallon reef tank. I currently have
1 blue tang
2 percula clownfish
2 fire gobys
1 black ray prawn goby
1 mandarin
1 royal gramma

salt reefer
12-24-2009, 9:25 AM
i love my flame angle,coral beutie angle and pygmy angle they live in ther together and great colors. but i dont now if you can have all three in a 75 . might

jason sartain
12-24-2009, 9:52 AM
I would stick to something small if you add anything else,If that blue tang is a Atlantic Blue and it's a juvie,then it's going to get big pretty quick (It will be too big for a 75 gal and you will need to remove it) and it will have a lot of bio-load in the tank.

cr500_af
12-24-2009, 7:42 PM
The risks of mixing more than one dwarf angel are serious... often they fight to the death. However, I love my flame and, even though some have had trouble with them nipping clams and corals, mine has been a model citizen. Bangaii cardinals are pretty cool to me also. I'd stay away from any more tangs... a 75 is, in the opinion of many, too small to house any but the smallest tangs (such as Tomini).

You will need a very mature 75 with lots of rock and a good pod population if that mandarin is to live.

I'd personally

Dakota9
12-24-2009, 7:50 PM
....... Just throwing this out there, but what about supporting the tank bred/raised initiative and buy based on that? Every fish you don't buy from the wild is one more fish still decorating the ocean.

Climbing off soap box now......