View Full Version : hoooly cow...

brad
03-23-2007, 3:37 AM
well this week has been (for lack of a better term) "exciting" on the ARC forums... I'm thinking we all need to get together and have a nice outing one day... there is nothing like a nice game of paintball to relieve some built up stress... my youth group went to some place a few years back and played all day for pretty cheap, i'll see what i can dig up...

Broreefr
03-23-2007, 7:44 AM
It could be the sap rising that is put some on edge. who is to say.

but not to let anyone down, I will start the ball rolling.

Now here you go Brad, attacking members, and flaming all over the boards, I dont appreciate the unprovoked attack, I am mad enough to bite a plug out of an ice cream cone, as a matter of fact, if they were not so cute, I might call you a troll, so there. Oh, and my pop can whip your pop anyday so I aint sceered of you.

Now there you go, perhaps you will think twice in the future before you go attacking me :tease:

On a serious note though, I have never fired any weapon that is not considered lethal. Dont know about paintball, but I would definetly consider the old standard of three rounds of full contact.

SShindell
03-23-2007, 7:56 AM
I found an old post of mine done a long time ago regarding Broreef. I stand by that opinion. Lets move on:

Now that I have done my two years on the board and am free not to be restrained by trying to please everyone - I (and I think I speak for more than myself) wish that you would please get over these little issues. ARC is made up of some wonderful people, but in a group of this size, we often find one or two malcontents. You sir, are one of them. Deal directly with the person you are pissed at and deal with it privately or kindly find another group.

Warm regards,

Steve (no longer president or board member) Shindell

rhomer
03-23-2007, 7:58 AM
On a serious note though, I have never fired any weapon that is not considered lethal. Dont know about paintball, but I would definetly consider the old standard of three rounds of full contact.

Ok mods you have to shut this guy down. I would consider this a serious threat. This kind of language and insinuation can not be continued. You really need to ban this guy. I've tried to be civil, but this is real violent threat. I can't tell if this has to do with the paintball comment from before or not, but we need to cool this guy off and get him out of here.

Rob

Broreefr
03-23-2007, 8:17 AM
I found an old post of mine done a long time ago regarding Broreef. I stand by that opinion. Lets move on:

Now that I have done my two years on the board and am free not to be restrained by trying to please everyone - I (and I think I speak for more than myself) wish that you would please get over these little issues. ARC is made up of some wonderful people, but in a group of this size, we often find one or two malcontents. You sir, are one of them. Deal directly with the person you are pissed at and deal with it privately or kindly find another group.

Warm regards,

Steve (no longer president or board member) Shindell

Swindler ~ there you go again, still carrying a grudge about a comment I made a year ago but wont come forward and deal with it like a man, rather back doorrish for a "so-called proffessional"

and you keep blowing about your two years on the board as if it was some fantastic community service, who gives a damm. I carry lead in my back right now from COMBAT in serving my country, keep bragging about your two years on the board NERD

And there you go again Rhomer flying in and pretending its all about you, if you feel threatened its not my problem or issue, you are the one who started calling names because you did not agree with my opinion.

No need to try and ban me, I am gone

CGill311
03-23-2007, 8:43 AM
Now here you go Brad, attacking members, and flaming all over the boards, I dont appreciate the unprovoked attack, I am mad enough to bite a plug out of an ice cream cone, as a matter of fact, if they were not so cute, I might call you a troll, so there. Oh, and my pop can whip your pop anyday so I aint sceered of you.......

Common...this is just getting ridiculous. Please leave your personal feelings for other people to the PM's and not the public boards.

Brad started an innocent thread, and now it's turned into another flame fest. Please (everyone, not just bro) stop this.

To get back on topic, I'd be in for some paintball. Haven't played in a long time, but it's always fun.

tsciarini
03-23-2007, 9:03 AM
Stop! I'm not going to ****ing babysit every thread on this site. Please take your inconsiderate comments somewhere else. We have a great group of people here and you need to figure out how to maintain yourself. All your doing is publicly making yourselves look like an ***. Here, read an excerpt from one of the many PMs Ive had to have with people the last few days:

Anyway, you can choose to participate or not, add opinions, start fights, join in club discussions, buy/sell/trade, do what ever you want. I'm going back to making sure that the other 400 members have something to call a club; setup meetings, hold hands, help setups, buget funds, find speakers, come up with ideas for events, plan conferences, moderate forums, help system breakdowns, create relationships with sponsors to get you more deals, introduce new members, give away free stuff, answer questions and be told that what I do isn't enough.

I don't have anything else to say right now...

Maveri9720
03-23-2007, 9:51 AM
If you are so bogged down with work and the ARC, why don't you add some moderators to help monitoring with the site?

Flipturn88
03-23-2007, 6:12 PM
Sheesh! I take a break from this site for a few days, only to return to multiple threads closing and plenty of unpleasant exchanges. We're almost all adults here... I think it's time to start acting as such (I'm not going to point any fingers specifically, but I'm not referring to all of you).

Isn't the point of this forum--this club--to connect with fellow fish geeks and ENJOY a similar interest. Instigating arguments and making rude remarks shouldn't be included in the mix... in my humble opinion.

I'm not a Dr. yet, but I don't think these require a prescription, & they're free--for the sake of the sanity of this club! ;)

http://www.healthsupplementsite.com/images/chill-pill-calm-futurebiotics.jpg

Stroid
03-23-2007, 6:29 PM
I agree with Rhomer on this one and this going to be my only comment on this. Broreefr has instigated enough flamefests the past two days for absolutly no reason with personal attacks. I think everyone for the most part maintained there cool but like Kayla said this a place for fish geeks not flaming people. I thank everyone for their advice and I do love this site but dealing with people like him really makes me not want to visit (although im to addicted to leave lol). I would hate to see our sponsors reading this type of thread and be scared away and not to work with the ARC. Oh and paintball is awesome if your serious I would definitly consider it.

brad
03-23-2007, 6:56 PM
ok guys, i don't want to start anything else, but before you post anything else on this thread, think about it... i started this as an idea to help settle the arguments and suggest a fun outing for everyone, if you have suggestoins for it, awesome... if not, don't post... this is a happy thread... so i suggest you take kayla's advice and pop a few of those pills

Cameron
03-23-2007, 7:59 PM
Did someone say something about full contact? I am in! I boxed/fought (toughman competitions) a long time ago to help pay for school and would love to fart around in the ring again for fun. I still have all my gear boxed up somewhere. I am old, slow and fat but I have been working out the last three years and 50lbs lighter so I wont have a heart attack or anything.

I am also in for some Airsoft... I got lots of gear... lots.