View Full Version : RO booster pump recommendations?

Acroholic
12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I have a 100 GPD RODI, and when winter comes and cold water line temps drop, the production level falls off. Anyone have a good recommendation for a booster pump? And are they hard to install? thanks.
Dave

mapleredta
12-07-2009, 1:01 PM
Very simple to install. Or at least the one I had was. Mine was the Aquatec 8800 (I believe)

Acroholic
12-07-2009, 1:46 PM
Just emailed Air, Water, and Ice. See what they can do for me.
Dave

mapleredta
12-07-2009, 1:58 PM
Just emailed Air, Water, and Ice. See what they can do for me.
Dave
If it's any help to you, I purchased mine from the filter guys.

Acroholic
12-07-2009, 2:16 PM
If it's any help to you, I purchased mine from the filter guys.

Thanks. I'll check them out as well. Air water ice has a nice setup for folks with a reefkeeper here:

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/POWERSTATION/Booster_Pump_System_Power_Station_for_Reefkeepers. html

Looks totally Plug n Play. I don't think I can use it. I think what I need is a pressure sensing switch and a booster pump.
Dave

MrsMojo
12-07-2009, 3:13 PM
We use one on our system but I have no idea what the specifics are. PM Chris and he can give you all the info. I am pretty sure it has a pressure sensor and booster pump.

Oz
12-07-2009, 3:29 PM
http://www.thefilterguys.biz/booster_pumps.htm

Not that difficult to hook up, just have to tune it a bit. You saw mine yesterday, it's the same model that the Mojo's are using....

Acroholic
12-08-2009, 5:23 PM
http://www.thefilterguys.biz/booster_pumps.htm

Not that difficult to hook up, just have to tune it a bit. You saw mine yesterday, it's the same model that the Mojo's are using....

I just ordered the pump, power supply and pressure switch, so you will be my go-to-guy for questions!:D
Dave

grouper therapy
12-08-2009, 6:03 PM
I had the same problem so I installed a saddle valve before the pressure regulator for the house. I had over 100 psi to work with.

Acroholic
12-12-2009, 5:37 PM
I just hooked up the booster kit and pressure switch. My RODI is a Melev's Reef 100 GPD unit.

I feed water to the RO via a sprinkler valve, so I control the amount of water I make by the length of time the sprinkler control is on.

The pressure switch came in in a normal off postion, so I switched the leads to the normal on postion, which means when the switch senses pressure, it turns on, instead of turing off when it senses pressure. Pump comes on when the water turns on, then turns off when the water flow stops.

Water path configuration is like this: Sprinkler valve -> pressure switch -> booster pump -> RODI.

I really like this. Took my production up from maybe 2 gallons an hour without the pump and cold water supply to 3.5 gallons an hour, or about 84 gallons per day.
Dave

Oil_Fan
12-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Very nice!! That's the one thing I hate about making water. I have a 50 gpd unit and right now it is slow as can be.

Buckeye Field Supply
12-17-2009, 6:09 AM
Cold water and low pressure will kill the production rate of these systems.

Russ

glxtrix
12-17-2009, 9:17 AM
what would plugging this into a RK do?? Just give you an on and off time?