View Full Version : Green Water Starter Culture Needed

jmiah0123
12-01-2009, 4:58 PM
Hey guys,
I am looking to get into clownfish breeding and need a small culture to get my green water going. I don't have any frags to trade but am willing to pay a small amount. Hopefully I will be able to find some in/around the Stockbridge area.

Thanks!
-Jeremiah-

bobz
12-02-2009, 6:55 PM
Hey guys,
I am looking to get into clownfish breeding and need a small culture to get my green water going. I don't have any frags to trade but am willing to pay a small amount. Hopefully I will be able to find some in/around the Stockbridge area.

Thanks!
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah,
I can't help you out with any phyto at this time since I took down my system but have you considered using the Instant Algae? I actually switched from live phyto to Reed Mariculture nanno http://www.reed-mariculture.com/microalgae/nanno.asp

to feed my rotifers and keep the larva tanks green. It was much easier than keeping the phyto going and I had good success with a good percentage of larva making it thought meta.

I think BaboonScience is out of town, but he lives in athens and can probably hook you up with some cultures when he gets back to town.

Good luck,
Bob

sparky
12-02-2009, 8:45 PM
Im in Alpharetta if you are up for collecting some :)