View Full Version : Chat function?

mitchelliii
03-21-2007, 2:47 PM
Feel free to boo me into submission and take away any rep points I may have if this is a bad idea.

However - HOW GREAT would it be to have an irc/java/web based chat here?

I see many many ppl on all the time and wish I didn't have to PM all the time and take up quota space. why not chat - imagine the help you could get or give late night or mid day with a few questions. I think it would be a way to share info. faster for those involved.

MOJO - possible?

Ok, back to lurking.

Stroid
03-21-2007, 2:56 PM
i think it's in the works already i remember that from another thread

rhomer
03-21-2007, 3:00 PM
I was talking with Chris with this on AIM. He said he was looking into it. If you have an account with an instant messger you can setup your info on your profile page and you get a handy icon in the lower left with all your posts. As you can see I have an AIM icon.

Rob

glxtrix
03-21-2007, 3:08 PM
I dont know how its going to work but on one of my VW forums their chat system is set up like an IM window but it updates everytime you open the page or refresh. Not sure how the coding is all worked out, but if thats an easy function, thats always a cool lil deal to have. Tho I'm sure chris is all over this already :)

mitchelliii
03-21-2007, 3:11 PM
That sounds sort of like Atlantareefcentral_DIGG.com

mojo
03-21-2007, 5:50 PM
It's already scheduled to go in within the next week. Several of us have been working on the Wiki system for the time being. Only so much time available to work on stuff...

glxtrix
03-21-2007, 6:20 PM
chris I'm not sure how much time I have to offer, but if there is something that you need help with you know you can always ask.

mojo
03-21-2007, 6:25 PM
Thanks. I do have something that I need some graphics assistance on. I'll IM you in the next couple of days.

glxtrix
03-21-2007, 6:51 PM
i'll be here and do what I can.