View Full Version : I can't Believe Sanjaya Malakar is still in!!

washowi
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
He SUCKS soooooobad!! BTW, so did Diana Ross. Simon would have ripped her apart...:)

Cameron
03-15-2007, 12:27 AM
India vote... hard to knock out someone who represents a sizeable portion of the population. Good news he is in the bottom three and will likely bite it next week. This is a pretty weak season so far and the Diana Ross week was horrible.

Lifestudent
03-15-2007, 12:36 AM
First time I ever watched the show... that was disappointing! :sick: I thought Dianna was pathetic and agree that Simon would have been merciless. After 20 minutes, I shut the tv off and went to Reef Central.

washowi
03-15-2007, 9:09 AM
First time I ever watched the show... that was disappointing! :sick: I thought Dianna was pathetic and agree that Simon would have been merciless. After 20 minutes, I shut the tv off and went to Reef Central.

Bob, where ya been!!? First time to watch the show? Welcome to Earth!!:D

I think it has to do with the 8 to 10 year old vote.....that's all I can think of...

Broreefr
03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
He SUCKS soooooobad!! BTW, so did Diana Ross. Simon would have ripped her apart...:)

OMG - you could not be more correct. He can sing but he just stands up there and whispers. If he isnt gone by next week perhaps he should jump on the sword himself and leave

kappaknight
03-15-2007, 1:14 PM
India vote... hard to knock out someone who represents a sizeable portion of the population. Good news he is in the bottom three and will likely bite it next week. This is a pretty weak season so far and the Diana Ross week was horrible.

Don't forget... they also run the call centers... :lol2: I kid... I kid.

kwl1763
03-15-2007, 1:42 PM
I can't believe you all watch the show! I have no idea but who Sanjaya is but my wife is mad today also so I assume you guys I correct. For me those couple hours a week are tank time!

kappaknight
03-15-2007, 2:28 PM
I don't watch it... it just plays in the background (sometimes)

Kevin
03-15-2007, 2:32 PM
THis is scaring me... a bunch of GUYS watching and COMPLAINING about the results from American Idol!!! This is funny :lol2:

washowi
03-15-2007, 3:23 PM
Those that say they do not watch are lying.....everyone watches it...

Haley is sooo HOT!

Cameron
03-15-2007, 5:17 PM
I didn't watch the first couple seasons because of the cheese factor-ness of it, but these are extremely talented people and quickly I got sucked in. The last season with Daughtry and Hicks proves this show is more than a crappy talent contest. Two seasons before helped the great talent Underwood get recognized and I don't like country music.

I will say when NONE of the judges knew a popular 311 song that was performed by Blake and I was shocked. They aren't very modern (at least non-pop) in the judging, but they do seem to discover great talent anyway.

Yeah Haley is very hot. She is smokin country music singer hot.

Ms. K
03-15-2007, 5:32 PM
It's the hair guys...that's the only reason he's still there...the cute boyish looks, the exotic factor, and the hair. It's a girl thing. BTW, Chris Daughtry got the shaft, but..better for him to have not won. He's HOT!!! I definitely watched last season!!

Lenny
03-15-2007, 8:51 PM
I got hooked on the show last year when taylor was in the running, but only cuz I've met him in real life, done a show with his band, and his keyboard player is my cousin's pledge brother, haha so I was rooting for someone I knew in real life and that made all the difference.... but I got hooked anyways, It's like a really guilty pleasure.

But to agree with you.... Sanjaya is so terrifically weak that I'm just embarrased FOR him when he performs.

Anyone who wants to see a real musician.... come see me tomorrow night at Willy's on howell mill (one block east of I-75) and, well... I promise I'll be better then sanjaya (which leaves me a WHOLE lot of elbow room.....) :)

Ill be playing with a few of my friends there from 8 - 11pm. Burritos. Full Bar. Good music. and.... reef talk on the set breaks :)

sammy33
03-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Ok...ok....:blush:

I...um...like the show too. :D

washowi - Gotta agree with you. Sanjaya is the least talented of the top 12 (11).

washowi - Gotta agree with you again...Haley is so hot!

So here is the question? Who is the next American Idol? Hmm?

Melinda Doolittle is the only one that gets me dialing my cell to actually cast a vote. She has uber potential!

Cameron
03-16-2007, 12:04 AM
The only person I would maybe buy a CD from is Chris (the chubby one). He isn't as talented as Doolittle, but he would make the kind of music I would listen to and he does have a very modern sound. Blake and the other Chris are a bit boyband for me. Doolitte and "KiKi" are too throw back. Haley is too Disney (but still smokin). Gina is OK. Jordin... who knows. Stephanie is going to get crushed between Doolittle and Kiki. Stacey is a poor version of Daughtry and Sajaya plain sucks.

Chubby white guys don't do well on this show. Eventually Kiki and Doolittle are going to knock one of them out since they pull a similar fan. Same for the other Chris and Blake, but I think Blake will win. Gina is a bit too edgy for the show and edgy tends not to work. Jordan could be a suprise.

I think it comes down to Doolittle versus Blake with Kiki and Jordan as my wildcard entries. Love to see the good Chris in it though as I don't think he has had a bad week yet.

washowi
03-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Lakisha is the best...Blake is gay, and so is Chris. (they may be special buddies), Melinda is excellent as well, but her head doesn't fit her body..so is is out. America won't vote for that big head in the end.

I give the nod to Lakisha.

Todd "Cowell"

washowi
03-16-2007, 12:58 AM
She wins just "because"! Can't wait till the show stylist really gets her HOT!!

MattTVI
03-16-2007, 8:33 AM
i hope the chick from savanah wins, i don't know her name though...

Broreefr
03-16-2007, 9:23 AM
Lakisha is the best...Blake is gay, and so is Chris. (they may be special buddies), Melinda is excellent as well, but her head doesn't fit her body..so is is out. America won't vote for that big head in the end.

Todd "Cowell"

You are right, "Mr. Cowell" (nice t-shirt btw) Lakisha is an awesome singer for sure, dont know bout the gayness of the other two guys you mentioned, but my guess is that Sanjaya aint chasing no ladies around Hollywood either.

That was such a political way you phrased about Melinda, she is an AWESOME talent, but there is only SOO much a make-up artist can do. She just has not been blessed with a pretty face - that's as nice as I can put it :blush: I still think she can win it though because, well Dear Lakisha isnt going to knock Hally Berry off the stand either.

Lenny
03-22-2007, 11:48 AM
That little girl saved sanjaya's butt this week! What a shame, lol. He has GOT to get kicked off that show, he's just flat out terrible... it hurts me to watch him perform and listen to him sing!

And yes, Melinda is one gooooooooofy looking chick, but her vocal power is ferocious! She definately has the best voice in the competition.

MattTVI
03-22-2007, 11:59 AM
www.votefortheworst.com

boxermark
03-22-2007, 4:46 PM
Lakisha is the best...Blake is gay, and so is Chris. (they may be special buddies)

One can only hope. :tongue:

Cameron
03-22-2007, 5:47 PM

Todd "Cowell"Lakisha is a big voice, but lacks polish and has a difficult time with songs not in her arena. Doolittle is polished and while a bit strange to look at so was another former idol who burried an even bigger voice than Lakishas (Hudson). Lakisha has a good story and that will carry her far, but I will be suprised if she can take on Doolittle especially as they move further away from there comfort zone. Lakisha's performance this week was a perfect example. She got p'owned by Doolittle and has ever since Lakisha sang Remember Me (made popular by Hudson... I smell repeat performance here).

Blake may be a bit light in the maniliness department but think who he most resembles in the pop world... Justin Timberlake. Hell he could be his clone. Original with the beat boxing, modern sound and stylish. He won't get a lot of grandma and guy votes, but he will do well in the pop demographic. This show is about popularity as much as singing.