View Full Version : sometings doing great some not so much

swfk44
10-24-2009, 7:41 AM
my mushrooms are doing great, polyps doing great, bubble coral doing better. i have some leathers in the tank that are just not doing good, green toadstool, and a green finger leather, and a slice of cabbage leather. i look online and these are supposed to be beginner corals :confused2:. i have some candy cane corals that are just lovin life and a cup coral that is on it's way out :sad:. i know you will want tests info, my test kit is ready for the trash to old to trust. i need to make a run to my local (blue planet) fish store and get them to test my water for me, i'm sure it is out of wack.

but why are some doing great and some ready to croak, i'm sure that some are more tolerant than others. :confused2:

porpoiseaquatics
10-24-2009, 7:56 AM
Randy...it's a mixed bag. Some corals like pristine water while others like "dirty" water. Same is true of lighting...some want a lot of light while others...not so much. It's all a matter of where they were collected from originally and what conditions they were acustomed to. Have it tested and report back here....I'm sure somebody will have an idea.

JennM
10-24-2009, 2:51 PM
What are your parameters? Lots of softies "pout" when the alkalinity is low - they can be a "fortune teller" for your tank.

Post params, maybe we can help you figure it out.

Jenn