View Full Version : Just Installed Reef Keeper Lite

Gametrackers
09-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Well I asked a couple of you last week about what controller they like and why, pros and cons, etc. Well, I ended up buying The Reef Keeper Lite (Level 1) from Tim at Keen Reef. after playing with one a little it seemed a lot easier to set up and get operating. This thing is awesome. My time stays within a .1 degree night and day. No I have to raise the temp a little because I thought it would still go up some.

It is so easy to input what you want and I am ready to buy the SL2 module for it so I can add a ph probe and salinity probe and some ATO switches. This sounds like fun.

weaglereefer
09-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Yup, it definitely makes stuff easier. I can't remember how I managed a reef tank for 8 months without one.

Gametrackers
09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Should I have my temp probe in the sump or in the tank, it seems that the tank may be a little hotter than the sump

Gametrackers
09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
what is the suggested temp to keep your tank at?

cr500_af
09-27-2009, 7:08 PM
I have my probe in the sump, right under the overflow so it gets the temp of the incoming water as much as possible, and is not affected by the heat from the pumps "downstream" in the sump from it.

I keep my tank at 80, and it varies .2 through the day. There are a bunch of opinions on the ideal temp, and all of them have their merits. In general, 78-82 is the commonly accepted norm, though higher than 82 is no problem IMO as long as it is stable. The RKL will take care of that for you.

Lower temps= better coral color
Higher temps= better coral growth

At least, that's what I've always heard.

SnowManSnow
09-27-2009, 8:03 PM
Yup, it definitely makes stuff easier. I can't remember how I managed a reef tank for 8 months without one.

I manger one for 4 years haha. It does take some stress out of the hobby by automating simple tasks. Love mine

SnowManSnow
09-27-2009, 8:12 PM
Ha! Hard to spell on my iPhone haha