View Full Version : TR Flame Tail Blenny

bobz
09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Well, I tried all day to get a decent picture of the TANK RAISED Flame Tail Blenny that John Lauth brought over last night! John and Tina came by to pick up some 3 day old Bangaii Cardinals to bring up to MACNA and he brought me one of his 2 month old Flame Tail Blennies. The little guy is only about an inch long and I put him in with my juvenile clowns and cardinals. The other fish are two to three times bigger and this little guy was standing his ground and actually being agressive at times!

I believe that this may be the first successful rearing of this species in a home setup (John mentioned some commercial success in the past). Great job John!!!

If you are going to MACNA in Atlantic City make sure to check out the MOFIB booth and see our own ARC rock star, John Lauth with his Flame tail, clowns, cardinals and who knows what other goodies!

I will try for some pictures when I get back to town next weekend.

Bob

bclark7169
09-14-2009, 8:30 AM
cool would love to see some pics and John is the Man

BaboonScience
09-14-2009, 9:15 AM
Thanks Bob for the Promo.:blush:

Now you know why we have not posted pictures of these blennies. Worse, the growout tanks are painted black.

Atlantic City was sort of a last minute decision for us but MOFIB needed someone to man (or perhaps mother) the booth. We were asked last week and we accepted. This year, we are trying to feature more than just Nemo. There is a reason for Bob's Baby Banggais (BBBs). Bob, don't tell!

Brian
Thanks. I need a better camera or a better photographer to get these guys on film. Bob may be the one.

John