View Full Version : August Meeting

Skriz
08-11-2009, 2:10 AM
BBQ MEETING!

http://www.thetravelpeach.com/caribbean-vacations/us-virgin-islands/us-virgin-islands-nature.jpg

Sorry for the late announcement, but it's time for the August meeting.

This month it is time for a bit of BBQ with a twist. We will be holding this month's meeting on Saturday August 22nd from 12:00pm to 5pm. We will be meeting at Murphey Candler Park which is over off of 285 and 400 just inside the loop. The address for the park is: 1551 W. Nancy Creek Dr., Dunwoody, GA. We will be meeting in Pavilion #14, which is the large pavilion by the pool.

This will be a fun in the sun event (we'll have to imagine that it looks like the photo above). The park features baseball, softball, football, multi-use field, tennis courts, swimming pool, playground, picnic area, lake and trails. There will be a pool for the kids if you so choose. There will not be a speaker at this meeting; this will be a meeting of face-to-face interaction with your ARC buddies.

We will be having the event catered by a local Caribbean restaurant. The menu is still being decided but we're working on some really tasty treats. The event will be BYOB for any adult drinks you want to bring. We have secured an alcohol permit and will have an officer on duty during the event. The officer will have no problem tasering any unruly or uninvited guests :D.

If you have any dietary restrictions, please let me know ahead of time so I can make sure that we have food for you. Food service will start at 12:00pm. We'll be there earlier to set-up.

As ALWAYS, ARC events are open to ARC members and non-members alike. Because of the nature of this event though, the food will only be FREE to ARC members. Non-members may join at the event or pay $15 per adult and $10 per child to eat. Paid members are allowed to bring only immediate family members (spouse/partner and children) for free. Brothers/cousins/mistresses/etc will have to pay as non-members.

If you are planning on attending PLEASE RSVP and let us know how many your are bringing so we can make sure that we have enough food. Click here to RSVP (http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32016). You may come without RSVPing but I might give you a dirty look and put you to work!

We should have enough seating, but feel free to bring chairs or picnic blankets if you want. You are more then welcome to bring items for trade and sale but just be aware that past experience shows that you have to pack frags very well to survive the heat of being outside for a few hours.

This promises to be a great event full of ARC family fun. Can't wait to see you there! :up:

RaisingTwo2006
08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Yay! It's been forever since I've been able to get down to ATL. ~ looking forward to it.

atreyu917
08-11-2009, 8:28 PM
Wish I wasn't working! Always next year!

DrNecropolis
08-11-2009, 8:30 PM
Wish I wasn't working! Always next year!
Nope.. This is the last time.. We are going to have David Copperfield make David Blain vanish while holding 2 tigers while the tigers are juggaling flaming chainsaws!

atreyu917
08-11-2009, 8:32 PM
I may just have to quit my job to go then hahaha

Delloman
08-11-2009, 9:44 PM
call in sick

LeeS
08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah what are they gonna do Fire ya'?

HN1
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
The officer will have no problem tasering any unruly or uninvited guests.

Will they be taking requests?

Rbredding
08-12-2009, 7:42 AM
Nope.. This is the last time.. We are going to have David Copperfield make David Blain vanish while holding 2 tigers while the tigers are juggaling flaming chainsaws!
seen it....

Oil_Fan
08-12-2009, 2:24 PM
Paid members are allowed to bring only immediate family members (spouse/partner and children) for free. Brothers/cousins/mistresses/etc will have to pay as non-members.

ISo you're saying I can bring my wife and my mistress as long as $15 gets paid??!!!! sweeet. oh wait...they're not real fond of each other. :doh:

j/k of course. Wife won't let me have a mistress. heh

BeesBaby
08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
I'll be there early as well. As far as dietary restrictions, I am allergic to poultry and my sister who is coming is allergic to shellfish.

BellyDancinBabyDoll
08-15-2009, 11:10 AM
lol.....he said Mistress....

cr500_af
08-20-2009, 8:16 AM
Will there be cards and/or nametags for pickup at this meeting? The wife is really Jonesing for hers. :)

Dave Green
08-21-2009, 8:57 AM
I'm really bummed out but I won't be able to make it tomorrow. :(

LeeS
08-21-2009, 11:22 AM
My wife needs a badge too. Shannon S

BeesBaby
08-21-2009, 1:52 PM
Sorry folks - am not making badges for this event.

Membership cards are in and can be picked up at the BBQ.

Delloman
08-21-2009, 3:42 PM
hay i never got my nametage as you where not at the bar meating do you have one for me?