View Full Version : There are 2 IMACs This Year

degall
03-01-2007, 8:08 AM
Hi;

Well, plans for IMAC 2007 Chicago on June 1, 2 and 3 are going well. All the booths have been sold out. The Shedd Aquarium behind-the-scenes tour is almost sold out and it looks like we will have a very good turn out this year. We are just waiting for the last couple of speakers to get their abstracts in and we will be able to get the program schedule worked out.

We have been getting so many emails from West Coast hobbyists asking us to hold an IMAC closer to them that this year we will. There will also be an IMAC in Las Vegas on August 10, 11 and 12 at the Riviera Hotel. Some of the same speakers from IMAC Chicago will be speaking but they will be covering different topics. And it looks like we will have a lot of new exhibitors from the West Coast.

You can get a lot of great air fares to Las Vegas and we have secured a room rate from the Riviera of just $99 a night, plus taxes.

So, no matter where you live, there will be an International Marine Aquarium Conference near you. We hope to see you at one of them. Hurry over to www.theimac.org (http://www.theimac.org/) and find out more about both of these great conferences.

Happy Reefkeeping,
Dennis
:thumbs:

kwl1763
03-01-2007, 9:45 AM
I'll be at the Vegas one. Not staying at the Riviera rat hole though!

degall
03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I just went to the Riviera for a site survey and they have been doing a lot of remodeling over the last few years. It's not too bad now.

Dennis

kwl1763
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
By Vegas standards (which granted are exceedingly high) it's way below average still but I understand it's a convention and not a party trip! At least it's on the strip! Looking forward to the show. I think it's a great idea by the way. Anyone else planning on going?

degall
03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I checked all the newer hotels and surprisingly found that they are not equipped for (and don't want) conventions! They want high rollers. It's only the older hotels that even have big rooms for conventions.

You will be spending most of your daytime hours in speaker rooms or the exhibit area so I don't think the amenities of the hotel will matter. It is true by Vegas standards, it is no Bellagio.

Dennis

washowi
03-01-2007, 1:53 PM
Stay at the Palms.....Best in Vegas...Where else can you gamble with Playboy Bunnies!!

kwl1763
03-01-2007, 2:29 PM
Only problem with the Palms is there is no roaming around from there. You are pretty stuck but I agree, nice place.

Agreed all the new hotels don't want the conventions. They know there is plenty of convention space in Vegas. They want you to gamble, eat and go to their shows!Sorry no more hijacking. I'll be there!

washowi
03-01-2007, 2:53 PM
Roam over to Rio!