View Full Version : Beanie Babies

Darren24
02-23-2007, 9:29 AM
Several years ago my daughters were heavily in to these. Now that they are in college they are no longer interested obviously. I see that some of the more rare ones are still somewhat in demand. Does anyone know of a collector that would be interested in buying a collection (300+) some of which are the more rare ones? I just do not want to hassle with the Ebay route.

Thanks, Darren

Cameron
02-23-2007, 9:54 AM
You could take them to an Ebay Store. They will do most of the work and take a cut of the profits.

boxermark
02-23-2007, 10:28 AM
You could take them to an Ebay Store. They will do most of the work and take a cut of the profits.

Their cut of the profit is 40-60% plus expenses. To me that's a rip-off. :yuk:

You could try craigslist.

Although it is a pain, cataloging and selling on ebay is going to be your most profitable route.

Another option is to get the collection appraised and then donate to a charity for the tax deduction. You can also deduct the cost of the appraisal.

piznac
02-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Just a thought but my wife runs a Ebay store and does not charge nearly that much to sell things. PM me if interested.

gwen_o_lyn
02-23-2007, 6:58 PM
I agree that ebay is a good option. You may want to find the beanie baby collectors boards and start a post.

Are your daughters ok with you selling them or is this a 'do this behind their back' kinda thing?? :D I only ask because I am a Cabbage Patch freak, and I won't give up my collection even though I don't actively collect or attend collectors meetings anymore. Most my 'kids are at moms house, but she knows to keep them since she loves them too. ;) Maybe my next house will have a big enuff doll room to keep them all together.